bobcat 751 F series tilt hyd issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

naishb

hi All, new to the site. I have recently brought a fixer upper 751 and as soon as it starts the tilt cylinder goes into full extension and stalls the motor. moving the pedal seems to have little effect. any ideas on where to start? thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Is the pedal locked? or is it free to move abck and forth?
Sounds like the spool is possibly sticking in the valve body. It could be a bad spring or detent balls have it wedged.
There is a possibility there is an internal crack in the control block, but for it to move to full extension and bog the machine, i'd dout it.

OP
OP
N

naishb

Is the pedal locked? or is it free to move abck and forth?
Sounds like the spool is possibly sticking in the valve body. It could be a bad spring or detent balls have it wedged.
There is a possibility there is an internal crack in the control block, but for it to move to full extension and bog the machine, i'd dout it.
hi tanks for the reply. the pedal moves freely and when I push the pedal in the upwards direction it gives a little relief but not much.

OP
OP
N

naishb

inspect, tilt port relief anti/cav vavle, for missing ball
Hi thanks for the info. Today I tried connecting the hoses from the lift cylinder together hoping the oil would continuous flow allowing the machine to run so I can lift arms to work on it. After doing this it is still loading up and will not run. Fires then stalls

bobcatguy

Hi thanks for the info. Today I tried connecting the hoses from the lift cylinder together hoping the oil would continuous flow allowing the machine to run so I can lift arms to work on it. After doing this it is still loading up and will not run. Fires then stalls
Have you rolled the cab up and checked to make sure the spool isn't sticking. It sounds to me like you have a bent spool that isn't returning to neutral.

bobcatguy

Have you rolled the cab up and checked to make sure the spool isn't sticking. It sounds to me like you have a bent spool that isn't returning to neutral.
When you roll your cab up, on the left side as your looking toward the back of the machine you'll see the control valve for the up/down, tilt/curl functions. On the front you'll see where the pedal linkages attach to the spools. Look to see if both of the spools appear in line or whether one is sticking out farther than the other. If one is out farther than the other you likely have a bent spool that isn't returning to neutral and is allowing flow to the tilt cylinder.

OP
OP
N

naishb

When you roll your cab up, on the left side as your looking toward the back of the machine you'll see the control valve for the up/down, tilt/curl functions. On the front you'll see where the pedal linkages attach to the spools. Look to see if both of the spools appear in line or whether one is sticking out farther than the other. If one is out farther than the other you likely have a bent spool that isn't returning to neutral and is allowing flow to the tilt cylinder.
With the cylinder disconnected and hoses connected even if the spool is bent this should stop the machine from stalling?

Tazza

Staff member
With the cylinder disconnected and hoses connected even if the spool is bent this should stop the machine from stalling?
I assume you meant tilt cylinder when you mention that you joined the hoses together?
Some times, if the aux hydraulics are stuck on, they can make the lift/tilt cylinders operate too if they are not in neutral.
Something is not in neutral for the oil being diverted.....

7LBSSMALLIE

inspect, tilt port relief anti/cav vavle, for missing ball
is problem resolved? if not going to be of three things. aux stuck. port relief anti ball came loose. blown orings on bics. let us know please. it helps in future . and of course im probally wrong , but that's where id start.

mike_belben

is problem resolved? if not going to be of three things. aux stuck. port relief anti ball came loose. blown orings on bics. let us know please. it helps in future . and of course im probally wrong , but that's where id start.
The main relief is rusted shut for one thing. Take it apart and try to free it.