bobcat 743 wires burned

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb7684

ok Super pi$$ed will not even begin to explain how mad i am right now. As many of you may remember I paid a pretty hefty price to have the dealer all but rebuild my 743. New (Rebuilt) Motor installed and all new hydraulic lines, rebuilt cylinders etc. The machine has been running great. I was running it today doing some clean up wok on a house demo. All of a sudden the dreaded air leak noise that comes from a spweing hyddrulic hose. next thing I know the bucket (tilt) will not move as its now out of hydraulic fluid. I had to call hose guys out to come repair the hose. The problem is this. The hose was a new hose and is the hose that runs through the engine compartment that runs along side the solenoid for the starter. The dealer made the hoses instead of using bobcat parts which is ok but they screwed up. They made the hose to long which caused it rub along the positive side bolt of the solenoid. The hose asmany of you will know has steel braiding inside the rubber which connects to the crimped end. The crimped end screws (connects) to the steel hydraulic lines that run along the inside of the engine compartment and bolt to the side of it making it a ground. The end result was a 220.00 hose repair bill from hose guys and more imprtantly while the machine still runs for now all my wiring is baked. Had they cut the line a little shorter it would not have the slack to have come into contact with the solenoid. All the wiring insulation is burnt and will be a matter of time before it falls off. I will be calling the dealer Monday but wanted to see what else I should look into or get some thoughts from you guys.

Fishfiles

Sounds like a bad case of $hit happens , you need to bring the machine back with the old hose and see what they will do for you

Tazza

Staff member
Sounds like a bad case of $hit happens , you need to bring the machine back with the old hose and see what they will do for you
I agree with Fishfiles, call them and take the machine and hose in. I'd be pretty mad too but i have to admit, it does happen.....

OP
OP
C

cmb7684

I agree with Fishfiles, call them and take the machine and hose in. I'd be pretty mad too but i have to admit, it does happen.....
I called the service guy today and told him the wires need to be replaced and he agreed and said to get it in and they would replace them free of charge.

Tazza

Staff member
I called the service guy today and told him the wires need to be replaced and he agreed and said to get it in and they would replace them free of charge.
Glad to hear they will help you out, i know it never should have happened but they are making an effort.