Bobcat 743 motor covers , side covers?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobpuddy

I need two of the covers that are on the frame between the tires. Anybody know where to find these used? Also what is the proper name of these covers? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
do you NEED them? i have a pair for my machine which i actually haven't put back on since repairing it. I find its handy having it open to be able to wash any dirt that gets in the machine out this hole. I have never had an issue of the motors or hoses being damaged by rocks or dirt that may come in contact, they are pretty well tucked away, the cover i believe is just for looks?

thetool

do you NEED them? i have a pair for my machine which i actually haven't put back on since repairing it. I find its handy having it open to be able to wash any dirt that gets in the machine out this hole. I have never had an issue of the motors or hoses being damaged by rocks or dirt that may come in contact, they are pretty well tucked away, the cover i believe is just for looks?
I think you need them if you're going to be operating in the muddy rough, I don't think they are 'just for looks' for all machines and operators.....=). I would worry about snagging a hose or line or hurting a motor.....
......Or having some kind of strange and monstrous venemous Australian critter from making entry.....
We always called them 'motor covers' at Bobcat. They are a pain to remove and install relative to the newer machines.

thetool

I think you need them if you're going to be operating in the muddy rough, I don't think they are 'just for looks' for all machines and operators.....=). I would worry about snagging a hose or line or hurting a motor.....
......Or having some kind of strange and monstrous venemous Australian critter from making entry.....
We always called them 'motor covers' at Bobcat. They are a pain to remove and install relative to the newer machines.
Oh yah-
I bought a used one from Mark, Bobcat Parts Manager, he posts on this forum. If he's got any left, he can probably sell you some used ones.

Tazza

Staff member
Oh yah-
I bought a used one from Mark, Bobcat Parts Manager, he posts on this forum. If he's got any left, he can probably sell you some used ones.
LOL Shane, it could happen!!!
i have used my machine is a heap of mud and never came close to getting anything in there..... With that said, i guess they are there for a reason, i have just been too lazy to put them back on :)

OP
OP
Bobpuddy

Bobpuddy

LOL Shane, it could happen!!!
i have used my machine is a heap of mud and never came close to getting anything in there..... With that said, i guess they are there for a reason, i have just been too lazy to put them back on :)
Mine have rust holes in them. It just looks bad to me. I plan to repaint it this coming summer so I want to replace them. I always fix up my machinery and make them look pretty. Only bad thing is, I hate to get them dirty after that. I get odd looks from the farmers around here when they ride by and see me waxing my tractor and putting armor-all on the tires. My bobcat only operates on sunny days. Good thing I don't use it to that make a living.

Tazza

Staff member
Mine have rust holes in them. It just looks bad to me. I plan to repaint it this coming summer so I want to replace them. I always fix up my machinery and make them look pretty. Only bad thing is, I hate to get them dirty after that. I get odd looks from the farmers around here when they ride by and see me waxing my tractor and putting armor-all on the tires. My bobcat only operates on sunny days. Good thing I don't use it to that make a living.
LOL i was the same way! I rebuilt my 743 and was scared to use it as i may hit something, no matter how careful i was i did hit something... then another thing then another! All we can do is keep them as clean and tidy as possible. I have used mine in the mud before.. It made an awful mess thats for sure! but it does wash off.