Bobcat 743 Hydraulic lift problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rm101

Hey all, I recently changed the hydraulic oil and filter on my 743 bobcat. I cycled all the air out and got the bobcat operating perfectly for multiple hours yesterday. However today it is making a horrible squealing noise when operating the lift, tilt and auxiliary functions. It has little to no power lifting whilst making this noise. It almost sounds like the pump can't get any oil. Could there be any blocked filters causing this problem? seems odd that it worked fine straight after the service. Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers

Tazza

Staff member
The most common cause is the aux hydraulics being stuck on. Gram the right steering lever, pull it to the left and let it spring back. It will move if it is not locked out with a bolt.
Start with the simple things

OP
OP
R

rm101

The most common cause is the aux hydraulics being stuck on. Gram the right steering lever, pull it to the left and let it spring back. It will move if it is not locked out with a bolt.
Start with the simple things
Have checked the auxiliary's and they are operational. The bobcat drives and steers perfectly however when filling the bucket with dirt it won't lift, it also makes a horrible squealing sound whilst doing so Cheers

Wayne440

Have checked the auxiliary's and they are operational. The bobcat drives and steers perfectly however when filling the bucket with dirt it won't lift, it also makes a horrible squealing sound whilst doing so Cheers
What type hydraulic oil?

PEVO

What type hydraulic oil?
make sure you have enuff fluid in the system. Mine squealed like a pig and was herky jerky when my fluid level got too low (got air in system...made oil foam up) let it sit a day and try it again. it may take 2-3 days letting the tiny air bubbles in the oil to settle down but eventually it should settle down.