Bobcat 743 drives opposite of controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ctjr88

Hi, I have a 743 that I just replaced the whole drive pump assembly, that I got from LPS. Also had got the rebuild kits for the drive motors. Got the new pump installed and the motors rebuilt and back in. Started it up and it didn't want to move really and what little it did was opposite of the direction of the controls. Went through some threads on here and found to check my port block. Pulled it out went through it with not finding much. But I did tighten the fitting with spring and poppet for the charge pressure tighter then it was. Now the machine moves but still opposite. I did hook a pressure gauge to the charge line but doesn't look like there is much pressure there, since my gauge is marked at 100psi increments. My serial is 22588 so I have the port block on the side not the one on top of the pump with the brass filter.

brdgbldr

Make sure your hoses are connected properly. There are plenty of posts on here where they were swapped. Easier to do than you'd think.

OP
OP
C

Ctjr88

They are I drew myself a diagram before I took them off and numbered the hoses. Which my diagram matches the diagram from the parts book I have.Was trying to idiot proof it before hand so I didn't mix them up

OP
OP
C

Ctjr88

Well got it all figured out. When I was rebuilding the drive motors I put the top plate with the springs in backwards. Did not know that it needed to timed. If your lucky enough to have a T mark on it. That goes farthest from the drain hole from what it seems like with mine. It took me hours searching threads on here till I found one mentioning that they need to be timed.