Bobcat 742b. Its got the Mitsubishi 4G32 engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

donde

I have Bobcat 742b. Its got the Mitsubishi 4G32 engine that need a fuel pump bobcat want $282.00 for one, does anyone know what I could use or would work , thanks don

Bobcatdan

Sure it is a fuel pump and not the pick up in the tank? Very common those rot and fall off.

jerry

Sure it is a fuel pump and not the pick up in the tank? Very common those rot and fall off.
That's the gas engine isn't it? Others have replaced the pump with a off the shelf electric from auto parts store, usually less than $50.

jerry

That's the gas engine isn't it? Others have replaced the pump with a off the shelf electric from auto parts store, usually less than $50.
You could run the line to a container of gas to see if it will run then and also then you could check the output pressure. Most old vacuum gauges also do fuel pump pressure.

Cary E Sip Sr

I agree , I feel the original pickup hose in tank should be replaced with steel pipe , such as brakeline pipe . With a proper pipe bending tool you could get as close to gas pump as you wish ., just save room for a fuel filter of your choice. I don't believe I'm the only one driving 40 year old machinery .
Over time I have seen in tank suction screens waste a lot of my life . If there's debri in the tank , I want it out in a replaceable filter or sediment bowel !!!l
Cary -

dfb

I am a big fan of my 40 year old 742B also. I do run a clear filter in the suction line to the pump to catch debris that is in the tank from many years of less than adequate service before i owned the machine. I have had to replace my in tank pick up also.