Bobcat 742 Hydrostatic Pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dmc10140

Hey guys, I am new to the group and bobcat ownership. I just picked up a basket case 742. It was retired from a paper-mill, where the previous owner purchased it. It had several hydraulic leaks (lines) and the hydrostatic pump was leaking at the end. He decided to pull the hydrostatic pump, and dismantle it (he worked for Bobcat) at the time. So i have a machine sitting at my house that has not run in several years with a dismantled pump. He included a seal kit with it, but i wanted to go over everything before i put it back together. Below are a few questions I have: 1. The Wafer plates look good, there is slight wear on both. I believe after reading some posts that these can be sanded smooth again. The one got a little ding in it during transport, I am not sure if this is repairable. Would a picture help? 2. The yoke in the input side appears to have some slight scratches/grooving on the face of it. Is this normal? The rotating assembly seems slightly worn on the piston side as well vs the back side. 3.How do I tell which wafer plate goes to which side? 4.Does anyone have a electronic copy of the rebuild manual for the ta1919 pump? I have not been able to find anything. Thanks for the help.

Tazza

Staff member
Look up my profile and send me an email, i should have a pump PDF that i can send.
Yeah, light marks can be sanded out.
Pictures of the ding would help confirm if it will be ok.
From what i remember, you need to work out the pump direction, the notch must go on the leading edge of the rotating group. So say the rotating group will rotate on one wear plate in a clockwise diretion, the notch should be on the left side of the slot in the plate. The opposite for the anti-clockwise direction side.