Bobcat 731 w/deutz

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

NorseForce

I am looking to see if any 3 cyl. Deutz will work in place of the 511 in our 731. We want to keep it air cooled and N/A. Thank you for all responses.

Tazza

Staff member
The issue you will have with a 3 cylinder is the length of the engine, it may not fit when you try and close the rear door.....

OP
OP
N

NorseForce

The issue you will have with a 3 cylinder is the length of the engine, it may not fit when you try and close the rear door.....
True, the 2 cylinder just doesnt cut it for power. Id love to have a higher powered 2 cyl, but I doubt there is that option.

Tazza

Staff member
True, the 2 cylinder just doesnt cut it for power. Id love to have a higher powered 2 cyl, but I doubt there is that option.
When the engine is running right, the 2 banger works very well actually. I did some serious work with mine, had more than enough power.

oiu789

I am looking to see if any 3 cyl. Deutz will work in place of the 511 in our 731. We want to keep it air cooled and N/A. Thank you for all responses.
Did you repower with a 3 cylinder if so were there any issues?

oiu789

Did you repower with a 3 cyl if so what were the issues you ran into?