Bobcat 722 Needed: New power unit

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mr.architect

Hi there I'm new to this forum and really new to skid steer rebuilding. Id like to start first by saying thanks in advance. Ive been a forum moderator for many years and I know that guys rack there brains and resources to try to help others. Thank you for that. OK so here's what i have. I have a 1963-196? Clarke Bobcat Skid-steer. It has a stock 1.6L Ford motor in it. Here it is: Ford FL98 Long Block for Bobcat Models 632 - 642 - 722 - 732 - 742 Bobcat (6565295REM). FL98-B742LB The problem I have is this. The retarded guy who had it before me did not take care of it left out in the weather for two years and there for was not aware of the fact that the tail pipe cap was off. Needless to say the motor is seized. When i removed the muffler there was water; when I cracked the heads off there was water in all of the cylinders. The motor might still be good maybe by taking it apart cleaning it, replacing the rings etc Re sleeve. but I'm afraid to take it apart anymore since I called bobcat and they said that the motor has been out of production for sometime now and that they did not sell parts for it anymore. So I am left with this POS! I want to find a motor that fits but I don't know where to start. Ive read these forums and it sounds like there not so common. So my question is, Can I find another motor that will fit? If so which motor would mount up with the space I have? I'm interested in getting a bigger motor something diesel. Please advise me as to what to do. I know u guys know your stuff so feed me something-Please Check out the pics of what I have so far. I can post them on the page but this is a link to them. There all nice and neat in the album. Let me know what you think. Thanks again---------------> http://photobucket.com/skidsteerforum

Tazza

Staff member
As long as the govenor is still ok, you can get a used one from a car, i can't remember what model car used it, but i'm sure someone will pop their nose in and tell you what you need to know.
Don't be too concerned, another cheap engine option is out there.

renopker

As long as the govenor is still ok, you can get a used one from a car, i can't remember what model car used it, but i'm sure someone will pop their nose in and tell you what you need to know.
Don't be too concerned, another cheap engine option is out there.
1600cc Pinto early 70s maybe used else were.

Latest posts