Bobcat 642b waterpump options

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LonePine

Can anyone tell me if a aftermarket waterpump is availablefor a 1989 642b with a 4g32 Mitsubishi gas engine? Bobcat wants $530. I heard it shares a block with a 1979 Dodge colt witch I can order a waterpump for $29. Thanks for any help!

flyerdan

I can't imagine Bobcat designing their own one-off component for something like that, easier to just ridiculously inflate the cost as to mercilessly rodger anyone who is unwilling or unable to do a rudimentary search.
Rock Auto has several water pumps listed for that, they have front, back, and gasket pictures of them so you can compare to what you have. If you can't wait for it to be shipped, at least you can confirm what should be available at the local parts store.

OP
OP
L

LonePine

I can't imagine Bobcat designing their own one-off component for something like that, easier to just ridiculously inflate the cost as to mercilessly rodger anyone who is unwilling or unable to do a rudimentary search.
Rock Auto has several water pumps listed for that, they have front, back, and gasket pictures of them so you can compare to what you have. If you can't wait for it to be shipped, at least you can confirm what should be available at the local parts store.
Thats the best part! Call any local parts store and a water pump for a 79 colt does not exist! I see the one on rockauto that looks the same, I'm going to order it and see what happens. I was hoping someone has been down this road. Crossing my fingers!

OP
OP
L

LonePine

Thats the best part! Call any local parts store and a water pump for a 79 colt does not exist! I see the one on rockauto that looks the same, I'm going to order it and see what happens. I was hoping someone has been down this road. Crossing my fingers!
1979 dodge colt water pump worked for me.