BobCat 642 no engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LittleMontana

So, I got a BobCat 642 for a really good price, the problem is that the engine has been removed and is apparently destroyed. "According to the owner" everything else works great. For the price I can afford to put some work into it. My question is, I need to get it loaded onto and off of a trailer. I was thinking maybe I could back up to it, lay a piece of heavy OSB on my ramps and wedge them under the tires of the 642, and winch it onto the trailer. Using the OSB as a kind of sled? I have not even tried to move it yet so I do not know if it has lockouts on the drive system. If it doesn't, can I just tie the drive handles back and pull it up? Thanks, LittleMontana

Tazza

Staff member
There will be a park brake, but that is just a pedal between your feet on the chain case, make sure it's tipped forwards.
If the hydraulic system is full, the motors will not want to move the wheels. You can disconnect the 2 large hoses to each motor and cap the hoses. The wheels will turn easily, don't move it fast, as you don't want to run the motors dry.

OP
OP
LittleMontana

LittleMontana

There will be a park brake, but that is just a pedal between your feet on the chain case, make sure it's tipped forwards.
If the hydraulic system is full, the motors will not want to move the wheels. You can disconnect the 2 large hoses to each motor and cap the hoses. The wheels will turn easily, don't move it fast, as you don't want to run the motors dry.
Thanks much for the info. Got her on the trailer, and will be able to crane her off at home. Thanks again, LM