bobcat 642 cab heater install

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jd50520

Has anyone out there ever installed { plumbed } a heater-core to the operator area?? I am seeking advice. Biggest problem seems or appears to be allowing for tilting back of rops cab. Thank you for any advice or ideas.

Tazza

Staff member
Thats the easy bit, run the hoses up behind the seat where the wiring harness goes. Then back down with the harness to the engine. It needs to be plumbed into the by-pass hose i believe. I have never done it, so i can't give more details....

bremery

Thats the easy bit, run the hoses up behind the seat where the wiring harness goes. Then back down with the harness to the engine. It needs to be plumbed into the by-pass hose i believe. I have never done it, so i can't give more details....
This has been done several different ways. You can see some examples scattered throuhout the picture gallery.
I put a heater in my 743. I put a 13000 btu between my legs, and reworked the brake pedal. The lines stayed under the cab, so I did not need to worry about tilting the rops, and tied into the bypass hose.
Others have mounted them next to your left arm, but the core needs to be narrow. Again there are some pics in the picture gallery in the "Media" section.

lanceedwards

This has been done several different ways. You can see some examples scattered throuhout the picture gallery.
I put a heater in my 743. I put a 13000 btu between my legs, and reworked the brake pedal. The lines stayed under the cab, so I did not need to worry about tilting the rops, and tied into the bypass hose.
Others have mounted them next to your left arm, but the core needs to be narrow. Again there are some pics in the picture gallery in the "Media" section.
Could you tell me which line you tied your heater into when you installed you cab heater? I would greatly appreciate any help.

adalmi

Can someone help with the routing of the coolant hose? I have a 742b and can't figure out where to come out of the engine compartment. Where Should I drill a whole? I can't find any factory wholes