Bobcat 610 value help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GMJones

I have a 610 I'm wanting to sell but have NO idea of its value. Runs good and is totally functional but has a few things in need of attention. New hoses for the hyd cylinders (no leaks now), right cylinder on bucket tilt needs repacked (slight leak), replace drive belt with OEM, currently has an aftermarket on it. I have pics but dont know how to post on the forum. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Geoff~

foton

on this site there was a few days ago someone wondering if it was worth fooling around with one of these and rebuilding it and the amount of 4000,00 came up that could be got if it was in really good shape. That might be a tad high but all it takes is one person that has a need for one. or does not want a diesel.

flyerdan

on this site there was a few days ago someone wondering if it was worth fooling around with one of these and rebuilding it and the amount of 4000,00 came up that could be got if it was in really good shape. That might be a tad high but all it takes is one person that has a need for one. or does not want a diesel.
I think it was I who presented that number, based on some of the posts on the facebook Melroe owners of America group. They tend to specialize in the older clutch drive machines, but all are welcome.
The selling price would hinge on a lot of variables; condition, location, rarity and demand. You should peruse that group and see what the trends are, and what buyers are looking for.

mclaen

I'm currently rebuilding three M600 machines, two of which I'll be selling once they are done in late spring. By rebuilding I mean fully overhauling the engine [pistons, rings, bearings, boring cylinder, crank grinding, etc], new axle shaft seals, drive belt, rebuilding the hydraulic sheaves, new hydraulic fluid and filter, new seals in all 4 hydraulic valves, new seat, good rims and 50% tread on tires [or new tires if the buyer wishes] and I'll be asking $5,000 for each unit. Sandblasted and painted with decals for $800 more. Keep in mind that a reman VF4D is over $4k just by itself so I think that if your machine isn't leaking oil out of the axle seals [or anyplace else] is fairly clean and runs good it should be worth $4,000. If you part it out and sell it piece by piece it's worth $2k pretty easy.

Tazza

Staff member
I'm currently rebuilding three M600 machines, two of which I'll be selling once they are done in late spring. By rebuilding I mean fully overhauling the engine [pistons, rings, bearings, boring cylinder, crank grinding, etc], new axle shaft seals, drive belt, rebuilding the hydraulic sheaves, new hydraulic fluid and filter, new seals in all 4 hydraulic valves, new seat, good rims and 50% tread on tires [or new tires if the buyer wishes] and I'll be asking $5,000 for each unit. Sandblasted and painted with decals for $800 more. Keep in mind that a reman VF4D is over $4k just by itself so I think that if your machine isn't leaking oil out of the axle seals [or anyplace else] is fairly clean and runs good it should be worth $4,000. If you part it out and sell it piece by piece it's worth $2k pretty easy.
Wow, you're really going at it, can you share pictures of the work you're doing along the way?
I have rebuilt quite a few 743s over the years, as you did, full strip and rebuild.

CooperEquipment

Any luck rebuilding your M600 machines? Would any of them happen to be a 1972 model year?

rodbuilder

If it's in good shape and ready to work it's worth $4500. If it needs work, has leaks and has crappy tires and seat it MIGHT be worth $2,000 $2,500. If somebody tells you it's worth $6000-$8000 they're nuttier than a fruitcake!!!!

gearbox

I sold a 610 Propane nice and clean $ 5000 . Saw one on craigslist today nice looking machine $ 6000 . Prices are high right now