bobcat 610 smoking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

grizzly700

I have a Bobcat 610 with a 4cly wisconsin. It starts and runs ok but when I get on a little off level surface it starts smoking bad. Once back on level its ok. Almost as if when you upset a lawn mower and start it back up and it smokes. Any suggestions would be greatful

jerry

when it is smoking is it black or blue? does it run rough also? may be carb float level to high. otherwise it would seem the crankcase oil level must be to high.

OP
OP
G

grizzly700

when it is smoking is it black or blue? does it run rough also? may be carb float level to high. otherwise it would seem the crankcase oil level must be to high.
It is like a blue smoke and yes it starts to run rough and cut out some

jerry

It is like a blue smoke and yes it starts to run rough and cut out some
Have you changed engine oil recently? If so did you go by book for capacity or dipstick? blue smoke would make me think oil level.
Carb float level won't change by itself but the float may be sticky. I had a 610 and ran sea foam additive through it and it ran much better. I don't know if it cleaned the carb or took the deposits off the head and valves but it definitely helped.
Lot of guys here have them and may have answers for you.

mega lift

I have a Bobcat 610 with a 4cly wisconsin. It starts and runs ok but when I get on a little off level surface it starts smoking bad. Once back on level its ok. Almost as if when you upset a lawn mower and start it back up and it smokes. Any suggestions would be greatful
I have a bobcat 610 it has blue smoke.it runs okay. Any areas to check

mega lift

I have a bobcat 610, it starts to smoke blue smoke when I use it. The more I idle it up and work it the more smoke. I am running 10 W 30 in it

Anythings I should check. Possibly use fuel injector cleaner

foton

blue smoke usally indicates the engine is burning oil, you might try straight 30 or 40 wt. oil in the summer heat and it might lessen it some. You should do a compression test to see what condition the engine is in.

gearbox

Have you left it out in the rain 610s the oil fill tube leaks water into the crank case . it will foam and push oil up the breather tube .