bobcat 610 removal of varable speed pulley

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

km

im new here and learning. I need to remove my engine to get to a idler pulley and I just can seem to get this off to get the engine removed. What I missing to remove the other half. Thank you. id post a photo not sure how

OP
OP
km

km

what im asking is the other half of the pulley attached to the crank I cant get it off the crank .remove both set screws and stuck at that point .I have a photo explain my issue but not sure how to post.

walio123

what im asking is the other half of the pulley attached to the crank I cant get it off the crank .remove both set screws and stuck at that point .I have a photo explain my issue but not sure how to post.
.I will describe what should be done if you have already taken half of the pulley.There are 2-or 3 modelsVariable drive sheave with roto swivel inside or wtih roto swivel outside. For roto swive linside - remove the large snap ring and pull the piston with swivel out of the stationary half sheave.Use 2 pry bars to do it. Remove bolt and holding washer from hte end of variable speed ,remove washer from bolt, an tighten bolt back. Install 1/4 bolts in to holes in fixed sheave hub. Install puller behid bolts and remove sheave. For roto swivel outside- Remove holding bolt and washer from end on ctankshaft.Use puller to remove other half.

walio123

.I will describe what should be done if you have already taken half of the pulley.There are 2-or 3 modelsVariable drive sheave with roto swivel inside or wtih roto swivel outside. For roto swive linside - remove the large snap ring and pull the piston with swivel out of the stationary half sheave.Use 2 pry bars to do it. Remove bolt and holding washer from hte end of variable speed ,remove washer from bolt, an tighten bolt back. Install 1/4 bolts in to holes in fixed sheave hub. Install puller behid bolts and remove sheave. For roto swivel outside- Remove holding bolt and washer from end on ctankshaft.Use puller to remove other half.
Write an email, [email protected]. I can send you a service manual for your machine.

alchemysa

Write an email, [email protected]. I can send you a service manual for your machine.
Whatever you do, DO NOT attempt to lever the pulley off the engine. It is cast steel, very brittle, and no longer available.
First thing is to loosen the bolt that is in the centre of the pulley. Undo it 3 or 4 turns.
Next, there are 2 screw holes among the splines. You need to screw some small bolts into those holes and use those as your anchor points for a puller. (without a puller you may never get it off). The centre screw of the puller should run into the centre of the pulley and force against the centre bolt that you loosened.
The final ingredient is heat. You may need plenty of it on the pulley. I used 2 cheap little disposable gas cans with blowtorch attachments in tandem. You can tap on the splines of the pulley with a hammer to give it a little bit of a shock but do not hit the rim.

OP
OP
km

km

Whatever you do, DO NOT attempt to lever the pulley off the engine. It is cast steel, very brittle, and no longer available.
First thing is to loosen the bolt that is in the centre of the pulley. Undo it 3 or 4 turns.
Next, there are 2 screw holes among the splines. You need to screw some small bolts into those holes and use those as your anchor points for a puller. (without a puller you may never get it off). The centre screw of the puller should run into the centre of the pulley and force against the centre bolt that you loosened.
The final ingredient is heat. You may need plenty of it on the pulley. I used 2 cheap little disposable gas cans with blowtorch attachments in tandem. You can tap on the splines of the pulley with a hammer to give it a little bit of a shock but do not hit the rim.
well I got to where I needed to remove the idler gear. Manual has the idler with a bearing in my shop manual where a puller is needed.mine came out and I see no bearing or any kinda of sign of a bearing ever being there.the gear is wiped out and gobs of play like sticking a 3/8 socket on a 7 1/6 hole.no way it ran as well as it did for last 6 years.no way previous owner may have just stuck it in and hoped for the best. am I missing something or does any body happen to have of photo with the bearing in the block should look like .thanks

alchemysa

well I got to where I needed to remove the idler gear. Manual has the idler with a bearing in my shop manual where a puller is needed.mine came out and I see no bearing or any kinda of sign of a bearing ever being there.the gear is wiped out and gobs of play like sticking a 3/8 socket on a 7 1/6 hole.no way it ran as well as it did for last 6 years.no way previous owner may have just stuck it in and hoped for the best. am I missing something or does any body happen to have of photo with the bearing in the block should look like .thanks
Some photos will help. To post pics you first need to upload them to something like Tinypic. Its free and easy. Then copy and paste the 'HTTP for websites' into your message.