Bobcat 610; Electronic Ignition???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mechtech

Saw that someone had posted about replacing the points and condenser with electronic Ignition. Wisconsin motor, Anyone done this and what is the brand/part number for it?? thanks Scott

OP
OP
mechtech

mechtech

Yep......only way to go. We also update the old style regulator & gen system with a single pole alternator at the same time. Solves a lot of headaches.
thanks for the information, the Electronic Ignition is now on order, and there is a single pole alternator already installed. Now just have to find time to change the oil and order up an enclosure before the snow flies. Again Thanks for all the help.

6brnorma

thanks for the information, the Electronic Ignition is now on order, and there is a single pole alternator already installed. Now just have to find time to change the oil and order up an enclosure before the snow flies. Again Thanks for all the help.
Down Jacket=Cab Enclosure, Flashlight=Fuel Gage, Use only "D" cell flashlights.....it's a real bugger to get one of the "123" powered lights out of the tank when an employee drops it inside :)

OP
OP
mechtech

mechtech

Down Jacket=Cab Enclosure, Flashlight=Fuel Gage, Use only "D" cell flashlights.....it's a real bugger to get one of the "123" powered lights out of the tank when an employee drops it inside :)
UPDATE: Installed the Electronic Ignition today, no big problems to speak of. Had an issue with the replacement Dist. Cap that I had bought. I had to bend the spring clips a little to get them to clip into place. The EI system went in a lot easier than what the instructions seemed to say. Engine started up right away, and only had to adjust the Dist. a little to get it right on the money. I couldn'd figure out how to get at the adjustment screw for the Dist. so I just gave it a couple of love taps and it moved. There is no Tach on the machine to tell you when you have got it past 1800 rpm for the timing check, so Had to dig into my HVAC tool kit for a laser tachometer to get the rpms on the engine. The timing check is done with the motor spun up and ready to work. So far I have gotten most of the big stuff out of the way Hydralic oil and filter changed engine oil and filter changed Electronic Ignition Installed New Dist Cap and Rotor Timing adjusted and set Thanks for all the help from the members of the forum.