Bobcat 337 slew weak going to the right

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rurban22

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a Bobcat 337 with 3500 hours on it. I noticed recently that after about 5-10 minutes of use when swinging to the right, the swing is slow and weak. Slewing to the left seems normal. If 11 rpm is what factory says it should do and I am getting only 7-8 rpm when swinging to the right. The swing is slower at full throttle than 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. The swing motor was leaking from the side and I had a seal replaced and that seems to be when the problem started. I replaced the swivel joint with a brand new one 200 hours ago so I don't think that should be an issue. It seems like it is not getting enough hydraulic flow to the swing motor. Every other function works perfectly with great power. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mmsllc

I would go back to the last thing / repair that was done to it - in your case, the hydraulic leak that you mentioned - then open that up & inspect it for a blockage. I've heard of many guys leaving plastic plugs in place only to start the machine & have that plug (or cap) be blown through the system, then cause a blockage = ALWAYS start there!! If you are lucky, you will find something to that effect & removing it might be a simple procedure. I would not operate the machine very much until you find out more info. Things get STUPID expensive if left un-treated. What was the problem with the swivel joint? Was it leaking or otherwise not repairable??

7LBSSMALLIE

I would go back to the last thing / repair that was done to it - in your case, the hydraulic leak that you mentioned - then open that up & inspect it for a blockage. I've heard of many guys leaving plastic plugs in place only to start the machine & have that plug (or cap) be blown through the system, then cause a blockage = ALWAYS start there!! If you are lucky, you will find something to that effect & removing it might be a simple procedure. I would not operate the machine very much until you find out more info. Things get STUPID expensive if left un-treated. What was the problem with the swivel joint? Was it leaking or otherwise not repairable??
swap the cross port relief valves. does problem move to other side?