Bobcat 331 diagnostic couplers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

resqdiver1

Hello All, I was just just wondering if anyone knows what the diagnostic couplers coming off of the pump on a Bobcat 331 are? I am trying to diagnose a possible problem with a weak pump section and need to confirm before ordering parts. I have switched the hoses from section to section and will post that when I get back from my sons Baseball game. Thanks, John Essex, MA

OP
OP
R

resqdiver1

Sorry for having to fly but t-ball is the priority! Anyway, the arm, slew, blade and right travel were running weak so I followed fishfiles recommendation from another 331 post and switched the hoses from sections 1 & 2... Voila, those functions are working great now and the boom and left travel are weak now. My question is should I bother testing the pump with gauges and am I correct in assuming that this is a weak pump section #1? Any help is appreciated! John Essex, MA

Tazza

Staff member
Sorry for having to fly but t-ball is the priority! Anyway, the arm, slew, blade and right travel were running weak so I followed fishfiles recommendation from another 331 post and switched the hoses from sections 1 & 2... Voila, those functions are working great now and the boom and left travel are weak now. My question is should I bother testing the pump with gauges and am I correct in assuming that this is a weak pump section #1? Any help is appreciated! John Essex, MA
It could well be, but where are the relief valves? i wonder if each segment has its own relief. If so, its possible it could be the casue of the problem.

skidsteer.ca

It could well be, but where are the relief valves? i wonder if each segment has its own relief. If so, its possible it could be the casue of the problem.
I would think there would be a relief for each section of the pump, has to be.
Go there next.
Ken

Fishfiles

if you swopped the hoses and the problem changed position then a section of the pump is bad , the reliefs are on each bank of valves that is supplied by a stage of the pump -------- with you machine in this condition you can see how the power beyond works by slightly cocking open a function that is not effected while operating a function that is affected , you should find a sweet spot where the unused flow will transfer to the weak curcuit and make it work better -----------if the section is available seperately for your pump ( depending on serial number ) then it is not hard to change but pricey , sometimes the sections are available and sometimes not , what you should do is disassemble the pump and see how the other sections look as you might change one and the other go out a few months down the line and I'd bet buying one sections is going to cost you more than half of all three as an assembly ---diver down