Bobcat 310 Axle issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TwistedYooper

Well I am finally broken down enough to ask for help. I purchased a bobcat 310 for basically nothing and it needed Axle bearings and seals to be basicaly 100 percent for what I need. Anyways, I started the long process of taking apart a 40 year old machine. I got the one front axle out with hardly a tap from a slide hammer, but the other one is solid. I heard of a jack trick, but the front of the 610 does not have any room for jack. I tried heat and it has not worked.... I am just trowing it out there to see if anyone else has had the same problem and if there is a simple tool or idea that I can try besides pulling out the rest of my hair. Thanks Yooper

Tazza

Staff member
Do you have any mad mates that have a small porta-power style kit with stubby cylinders that may get in there. I think i have a cylinder that is 2" tall, so there are options out there if you can't get a bottle jack in there.

Hotrod1830

Do you have any mad mates that have a small porta-power style kit with stubby cylinders that may get in there. I think i have a cylinder that is 2" tall, so there are options out there if you can't get a bottle jack in there.
A large slide hammer with a wheel hub adapter worked for my. Harbor freight sells one.

Latest posts