Blown engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Loftatsea

I have an 853 Bobcat with a kubota engine. One of the guys was running it the other day and started hearing a loud knock/bang sound. It was very low on oil. I am assuming the engine is shot. The one thing I don't understand is that the knock only starts after the engine has been running for a few minutes. When it is first started it sounds ok. Any thoughts on why this is? Any advice on where to look for a replacement engine? Thank for any help.

mogman

One thing you might try is breaking the injector lines loose one at a time and see if the knock stops, a bad injector can cause a heck of a knock, may not be the issue since you said it was low on oil but may be worth a try.

bobben

what year did they put a Kubota in a 853 thought they were Isuzu engines little harder to find parts for then Kubota. Thinking if its not an injector rod brgs could next on the list

Tazza

Staff member
what year did they put a Kubota in a 853 thought they were Isuzu engines little harder to find parts for then Kubota. Thinking if its not an injector rod brgs could next on the list
If it was turbo, there is a chance the oil was eaten by the engine through the turbo seals and into the intake.
Ideally oil is meant to be checked every day, but no one does that.....

Latest posts