Best way to clear overgrown field....

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dirtyb115

Hi all, im in the process of taking back an overgrown field. Most of it is just overgrown weeds and vines ect.. Just going back and forth over it is really taking care of all that stuff, at least enough that i can get a mower in there. However, there are also alot of small trees. (1" diamter or less) and they are a pain to get loose. The bucket just flattens them and rips the leaves off but thats about it. Any tricks to getting these up? Only attachments i have is a set of forks. I do have a tooth bar on my bucket that i may try taking off an trying again. Maybe dragging some sort of rake would work?

bobcat_ron

Use a 4-in-1 combination bucket, it will grab them and pull them out, just make sure to feather the clamp to prevent the tree from getting "snipped" off.

scsindust

Use a 4-in-1 combination bucket, it will grab them and pull them out, just make sure to feather the clamp to prevent the tree from getting "snipped" off.
Use your tooth bar and place one tooth right under the root base and try to dig under and pry up the tree. It usually will pop right out. A smooth bucket won't do crap.

scsindust

Use your tooth bar and place one tooth right under the root base and try to dig under and pry up the tree. It usually will pop right out. A smooth bucket won't do crap.
Oh one more thing - use the tooth bar to drag out the weeds and vines. Use it like a comb and rake everything up. The grass won't come up too easy, but the vines and shrubs will pull out quickly.

jfb

Rent a machine and brushcat for a weekend, that what I am doing..the brushcat will go thru the 1" stuff just like it isnt there