Best way to clean, pressure washer okay?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dirtyb115

Hi all. Just curious what is the best way to clean out my machine? Would it be okay to use a pressure washer or should i just stick with a hose? Thanks in advance Dave

brdgbldr

Yes it's ok to pressure wash your machine. In fact it is the only real way to get all of the grease and grime out. You may want to remove any access panels also. This helps with draining and also allows larger debris to escape.

Bobcatdan

Yes it's ok to pressure wash your machine. In fact it is the only real way to get all of the grease and grime out. You may want to remove any access panels also. This helps with draining and also allows larger debris to escape.
There is nothing you are going to hurt pressure washing. If it is a gasser, cover the distribitor. Also check the chaincase covers are tight, they like to loosen up and you could get water in the chaincase.

SkidRoe

As an added assistance in de-gunking my machine, I have soaked down the really bad areas with engine degreaser (the foaming aersol stuff), let it soak for 15 minutes, and then take the pressure washer to it with hot water. Cleans up like new.
Cheers,
SR