Best Compact track loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

allready2work

I have a wheeled skid loader, but I have a landscaping business and if its the least bit muddy it just spins the tires. Im looking to upgrade to a compact track loader. Looking for around a 60 to 70hp machine with foot controls. Whats the best for this size? Any help is appreciated.

I have a 2005 Bobcat T190 that I use around the ranch. Bucket, forks, tree shear and trencher. I have been very pleased with the performance. I have neighbor that just bought his second T190 so he must like them.

lesgawlik

I have a 2005 Bobcat T190 that I use around the ranch. Bucket, forks, tree shear and trencher. I have been very pleased with the performance. I have neighbor that just bought his second T190 so he must like them.
I have a Bobcat T-200 with bucket, stump bucket with grapple, back hoe attachment, landplane with hydraulic ripper and 96" snow box (which for better or worse, I haven't had to use yet). I don't know how I lived without it. We have had more rain here in the last six months than I have ever seen. There is nothing but ankle deep mud everywhere. I've only gotten it stuck once, and that wasn't really the machine's fault. The only problem so far is that buying attachments is addictive.

DrZ

I am quite fond of my 08' T-300. Before that I started with a 2000 864G, which was 73hp and could handle most of my needs with a decent lift capacity. T-190's are fairly popular in our area ( central MN ) and according to the Bobcat Worksaver magazine, are a good fit for landscapers. However, as you will find in many threads on here, track loaders can be quite a bit more expensive to own and operate i.e. tracks, idlers, drivemotors. I never had a problem with my 864 and I bought it used with 1,100 hours on it and traded it off with 2,500 hours and only burned 30% of the track off in that time. I did go through a front idler and a rear idler at around $400 a pop, but overall I don't think I did too bad. I would say for your application a T-180 or T-190 would fit the bill, and for added flotation, can be equipped with a 15.8" track. Plus, ya gotta love the Kubota engines they got!

jnickell

I am quite fond of my 08' T-300. Before that I started with a 2000 864G, which was 73hp and could handle most of my needs with a decent lift capacity. T-190's are fairly popular in our area ( central MN ) and according to the Bobcat Worksaver magazine, are a good fit for landscapers. However, as you will find in many threads on here, track loaders can be quite a bit more expensive to own and operate i.e. tracks, idlers, drivemotors. I never had a problem with my 864 and I bought it used with 1,100 hours on it and traded it off with 2,500 hours and only burned 30% of the track off in that time. I did go through a front idler and a rear idler at around $400 a pop, but overall I don't think I did too bad. I would say for your application a T-180 or T-190 would fit the bill, and for added flotation, can be equipped with a 15.8" track. Plus, ya gotta love the Kubota engines they got!
If you want hand and foot controls, you are somewhat limited. For that I would go with a Bobcat T-190. If you could work with pilot controls, I would use a CAT259B. Josh Nickell Rental

Latest posts