Best brush mower

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mountain Man

I am in the market for an open front end brush mower. I have a New Holland LS 170 skid steer with regular flow hydraulics (22 gpm) and will soon also have a new NH C236 track loader with high flow (34 gpm). Bottom line is I can go with either a high flow or regular flow brush mower, although the 34 gpm is at the bottom range of high flow. I am looking at the Skid Pro regular flow mower and there some high flow options, but I'm worried about only 34 gpm. Anyone have some advice or an opinion? I have hundreds of saplings to mow up to 6".

Todd v.

I own a CID extreme std flow mower and am pretty happy with it but it does slow down significantly when you get into 4" plus hardwoods. Pines are no problem. One thing it does really well is grind up the mulch pretty small. They just redesigned all thier wowers sobthat now their top of the line model is direct drive rather than having a motor and a gearbox. Imo though Blue Diamond makes the best mowers, the blades are longer and they seem to spina bit faster as well so they don't loose their energy as fast when you hit something big.

MX727

I have a Bushmaster SL601. Galvanized deck and the mount allows you to pick it up to a vertical position, which is very handy for clearing taller brush and trees. I have it on a C238. It doesn't require high flow and I've cut a few trees that were over 8" diameter. Not ideal, but doable if you take it slow.

machine addict

Look into the chambers mower capmower.com. His web desighn isnt great but his product is. He uses a 4150 hardenend spindle with a 1 3/4" thick t1 blade bolder in a double reverse diamond shape. 5/8" thick blades that are universal to most boom mowers so they are availible from most dealers. and he can match a motor to your flow specs just tell him what your primary use will be. His mowers are mounted to much stronger machines than skidsteers and they hold up great.

Latest posts