Best bang for the buck Mini Excavator

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Gearhead.604

I would like to buy a few mini Excavators for rentals but I Need some feed back on the ones that have the longest life span and lowest parts coast if there is such a thing,easyest to repair ect.What options and models would be best. Where I live there are all major dealers with in 30 miniutes away.I will be doing the servicing and repairs my self.As far as size coverage I was thinking 1.7 tons and 3.5 tons. I will only be purchasing used ones, around 1000 hours. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Skiddy

I have a jd 35D. We love this machine. I think we have only 250 hrs on it. with no troubles yet. As stated above we love it but if I were to do it all over again I think I would buy American.

bobcat_ron

I have a jd 35D. We love this machine. I think we have only 250 hrs on it. with no troubles yet. As stated above we love it but if I were to do it all over again I think I would buy American.
Deere/Hitachi, they just keep going and going, next would be a Takeuchi.
Basically anything built in Japan.

frank123

I have a Hitachi 27D and I love the machine. Never a problem.
I'd look for a JD 35D. Most popular size which will be good for both rental and resale. Small enough to haul without trailer and license issues. For rental, I'd try to find machies with thumbs for sure. They seem to be very reliable. Odds are pretty good of finding used ones that have some extended warranty on them remaining too because it is so cheap a lot of guys put it on as cheap insurance.

TheWRAITHSRX

I'd look for a JD 35D. Most popular size which will be good for both rental and resale. Small enough to haul without trailer and license issues. For rental, I'd try to find machies with thumbs for sure. They seem to be very reliable. Odds are pretty good of finding used ones that have some extended warranty on them remaining too because it is so cheap a lot of guys put it on as cheap insurance.
I love My YanMar vio 45. Huge thumb, unreal power ( compairing to the bobcat, and tachace models I have used in past. I used a Komatsu once pulling stump wasnt impressed with HYdrolics power But dozerblade power was strong. Only Issue... I have been throwing tracks. Otherwise, Best machine I have dug with

Latest posts