best attachment for dirt driveway

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

donald73d

I have a dirt driveway that I would like to maintain with a skidsteer and attachment (besides the bucket). Basically deal with pot holes and keep a slight crown in the center of the drive (so water runs off and potholes are not created). The guy who did my drive had an expensive skidsteer with an adapter that could tilt the bucket slightly to the left or right. So I would like to get one attachment to keep the drive the way it is. Box blade? I use a snowblower for snow removal so there is no truck mounted snow plow scrapping the driveway flat (removing the crown).

Tazza

Staff member
The other thing is you could try and rent a tilt tach like the one you describe every so often to touch it up.
I'd have used a leveling bar or smudge bar.
Smudge bar/ Spreader bar/ Levelling bar

If you were careful, it may not remove the crown?

RRAM

I made a leveler for my machine that I copied from the ones you can purchase. Not that far off that picture posted but I got some used grader blades and welded them front and back . I think it is a great tool for driveways and larger areas. It would maintain the crown provided you stayed to one side of the drive and straddle the crown you have. Works great if you have gravel drive too as it puts rocks back on the surface. Doing some research shows they call it a landplane.