Bearing pieces in chaincase

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

henry

Bobcat 753 In process of pulling a front axle to replace bearings. A bit of slop in axle. Removed front and center covers to clean out watery oil. Found bearing rollers in a rear corner. Looks like the were there for awhile, stuck fast in the crap. They look a bit smaller then the drive bearings so I checked them with a mirrow and they are ok. It seems to me, if they were from an axle bearing there is not enough room for rollers to get past sproket hubs but I may be wrong. They came from somewhere. Good thing is the bounce test with the tires shows only 3/4 to 1" of slop in chains. Some of the link ends are buggered up from catching rollers between case. Sproket teeth are ok also. Im confident that one set of axle bearings are all I need. Just wondering what your experiences are about axle bearing pieces getting in the chaincase. Thanks and Take care.

Tazza

Staff member
Likely from previous bearing failure that wasn't clean out when repaired.
I agree with OM. For rollers to come out, there needs to be a LOT of play. Seems like the last owner wasn't too worried about cleaning things out, just threw in a new set of bearings and slapped it back together.....

Latest posts