bad 843 drive motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

frogfarmer

Pulled the drive motor off for inspection and found all six roller elements were flat and the orbiter was worn considerably. Stacking of the tolerances led to a gap of .090" at the worst point. Guess we know why it skipped at low engine speed. Are these motors worth rebuilding or do I just by a new or reman motor in the 800 dollar range? All other parts of the motor looked good just the geroler section was shot.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd talk to the guys at loader parts source, the gerolers i got for my 743 i thought were about $200 each, don't quote me on the figure though, they were cheap none the less.

OP
OP
frogfarmer

frogfarmer

I'd talk to the guys at loader parts source, the gerolers i got for my 743 i thought were about $200 each, don't quote me on the figure though, they were cheap none the less.
LPS was out until Oct 12 and had no real info on parts. Kept looking and found a new motor for $285 delivered but they only had one and would not be getting anymore. I would have bought two for that price. LPS may have the parts but the operator was less than helpful and never called me back with info one way or another. The new motor did not have the bronze bushing. 743s use 4000 series motors maybe they are more available.

Tazza

Staff member
LPS was out until Oct 12 and had no real info on parts. Kept looking and found a new motor for $285 delivered but they only had one and would not be getting anymore. I would have bought two for that price. LPS may have the parts but the operator was less than helpful and never called me back with info one way or another. The new motor did not have the bronze bushing. 743s use 4000 series motors maybe they are more available.
That's a great price on a new motor!

OP
OP
frogfarmer

frogfarmer

That's a great price on a new motor!
New motor installed and all is well. All except its cat yellow. LPS / All Hydraulic did give me a price on new gerolers they were just over 500 a piece; same price Bobcat wants. Over the phone they tell me no motors available until Oct 12 but when they sent info for the gerolers they say they have remans for the same price with a 12 month warranty. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Price was so good because they had no idea what it was for. They picked the motor up as part of a complete lot of surplus and New Old Stock. I intended to just use the parts but everything was identical.