Backup alarm

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Pinballjoe

I bought this 763 about 4 years ago. I'm retired, so it's not like I need the machine on a daily basis, so I've been picking at the issues, little by little. One of the last problems is the backup alarm. I jumped it, and found it was dead, ok, so I bought another one, same numbers, etc. This one, is on ALL the time. The schematic is useless. It points to C102, which goes to the backup alrm switches. Great! No help to me! I raised the cab today, figuring I'd meter the two switches. so I did, they close when the switch is closed, and visa-versa. I did see they are in tandom with each other, which made sense. So, my question..........what's the next logical thing to check??? It's not possible to wire the backup alarm backwards? is it? I'm figuring the switches introduce the ground, and something else is doing that job.........short? Thanks for reading this!!! Joe

OldMachinist

A few pages later in the diagrams there's a page with the wiring diagrams for options. That's where you'll find the diagrams for the switches and alarm.
If I'm looking at the right diagram(depends on serial number) then yes the switches provide ground to the alarm. If the alarm is sounding all the time then either the wiring from the switches is shorted to ground somewhere or the new alarm is self grounding. Try removing it from the door and see if it works correctly with it isolated from the machine.

OP
OP
P

Pinballjoe

A few pages later in the diagrams there's a page with the wiring diagrams for options. That's where you'll find the diagrams for the switches and alarm.
If I'm looking at the right diagram(depends on serial number) then yes the switches provide ground to the alarm. If the alarm is sounding all the time then either the wiring from the switches is shorted to ground somewhere or the new alarm is self grounding. Try removing it from the door and see if it works correctly with it isolated from the machine.
Thank you! Thank you!!! Boy, am I STUPID!!!!!!!! YES, of course, there was an add-on ground bracket on the replacement alarm, that I looked at, BUT completely ignored!!!! You're a genius! Thank you, all works as it should have in the first place, without the ground strap!!! Best, Joe

OldMachinist

Thank you! Thank you!!! Boy, am I STUPID!!!!!!!! YES, of course, there was an add-on ground bracket on the replacement alarm, that I looked at, BUT completely ignored!!!! You're a genius! Thank you, all works as it should have in the first place, without the ground strap!!! Best, Joe
Glad it was that simple.