Backhoe bucket question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

otisdog

Okay, I was sucessful in buying a 708 backhoe at auction ($2,000), but it didn't come with a bucket. Bid and won a 18" bucket with teeth, and a 24" bucket without teeth. Still want a 13" bucket. When you buy a new bucket from the dealer, does it come with teeth? How much do teeth cost? Thanks

farmboy55

The shanks and teeth are around $15. ea., it's been awhile. beware of the small bucket, don't know what kind of soil your working in. If possible the bucket needs to be smaller on the backside, dirt will not stick in it as bad. At least that's what works for me. dennis

Sven

The shanks and teeth are around $15. ea., it's been awhile. beware of the small bucket, don't know what kind of soil your working in. If possible the bucket needs to be smaller on the backside, dirt will not stick in it as bad. At least that's what works for me. dennis
You mean its 'belly' is smaller??

Earthwerks Unlimited

Backbone smaller, belly wider (like mine)
An easy fix for stuff sticking in a bucket is to connect a chain from a bucket tooth, allow it to be loose inside when digging, then run it up to the dipper stick so that when you dump the buck the chain will tighten thereby forcing the dirt out.

OP
OP
O

otisdog

An easy fix for stuff sticking in a bucket is to connect a chain from a bucket tooth, allow it to be loose inside when digging, then run it up to the dipper stick so that when you dump the buck the chain will tighten thereby forcing the dirt out.
Out the door price of a 13" bucket with teeth = $690.