Backhoe attachment??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vinrum

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions or should I say concern about putting a backhoe on the front of my Mustang 2044..1) Does this beat the crap out of the machine, 2) Are the stabilizers necessary when running the hoe.3) Do you have to have a High Flow Aux. to run one???.I am pretty new to the skidsteer seen and I rather ask the question first rather than opening the wallet for repairs

Thanks
Steve

Tazza

Staff member
If its a proper hoe, not just the one with a bucket curl it will not kick the crap out of your quick attach pins. The stabilizers aren't really, i assume you are talking about the rear ones? I have tried with and without, exactly the same to me. hi-flow is not needed either, they run pretty well with standard flow of 12 or so GPM, well mine does

sandhills-elect

Steve I bought a use skidsteer backhoe that was for an old new holland setup and i made it work. I have run some with the stablizers that go straight down, and i would rather have the fold out. Need to make sure you tie it down so that it is not pulling on you tip cyclinders. I think if you run one alot they are hard on the pins on the bottom side.(tip and lower loader arms). Very handy if you need one to do some minor digging. In my oppinion they are very handy in tight places but not a backhoe loader. You can sure run out of reach really fast if not carefull. But overall probably go investment at a fraction of the cost of a loader backhoe. I would not pay 10000.00 for one, i would find an old ditch witch backhoe or pickup a used one at a fraction of the cost. I give 3000.00 for mine. I have a 1300lb rated skidsteer and i have a 7ft dig and that is sure enough weight to carry around. Hope this helps, good luck Brent.

Tazza

Staff member
Steve I bought a use skidsteer backhoe that was for an old new holland setup and i made it work. I have run some with the stablizers that go straight down, and i would rather have the fold out. Need to make sure you tie it down so that it is not pulling on you tip cyclinders. I think if you run one alot they are hard on the pins on the bottom side.(tip and lower loader arms). Very handy if you need one to do some minor digging. In my oppinion they are very handy in tight places but not a backhoe loader. You can sure run out of reach really fast if not carefull. But overall probably go investment at a fraction of the cost of a loader backhoe. I would not pay 10000.00 for one, i would find an old ditch witch backhoe or pickup a used one at a fraction of the cost. I give 3000.00 for mine. I have a 1300lb rated skidsteer and i have a 7ft dig and that is sure enough weight to carry around. Hope this helps, good luck Brent.
One other thing is to make sure you make brackets to lock it to the frame. It will shake you around BAD if you don't.

OP
OP
V

vinrum

One other thing is to make sure you make brackets to lock it to the frame. It will shake you around BAD if you don't.
Thanks Tazza, thats what I was trying to ask in the first post..So those brackets are required?? Where do the brackets bolt to? and where do I find them??
Thanks agian for all the helpful information
Steve

skidsteer.ca

Thanks Tazza, thats what I was trying to ask in the first post..So those brackets are required?? Where do the brackets bolt to? and where do I find them??
Thanks agian for all the helpful information
Steve
Rather then buying all the brackets, just use a quick release 3 pt link from a farm tractor to steady your tilt cylinders.
You can work without outriggers but they are alot moe stable with them. I like the staight down one, just because if you pull a bolder from your trench you don't have to worry about dropping it on your ourigger cylinder, but to each there own.
They are a vary handy attachment to have (unless you have a mini ex) and I have never broke anything on the hoe or loader.
Hi flow not required, about 1/3 to 1/2 rpm on standard flow will make the hoe jump pretty fast.
Working used ones bring 2500 to 5K depending on age and hold their alue quite well.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Rather then buying all the brackets, just use a quick release 3 pt link from a farm tractor to steady your tilt cylinders.
You can work without outriggers but they are alot moe stable with them. I like the staight down one, just because if you pull a bolder from your trench you don't have to worry about dropping it on your ourigger cylinder, but to each there own.
They are a vary handy attachment to have (unless you have a mini ex) and I have never broke anything on the hoe or loader.
Hi flow not required, about 1/3 to 1/2 rpm on standard flow will make the hoe jump pretty fast.
Working used ones bring 2500 to 5K depending on age and hold their alue quite well.
Ken
Yes, you really do need the brackets to connect to the loader! Some are as simple as a trailer ball and coupling. Simply lift the hoe and tilt back and lower it till they line up, lower rite down and lock in place.
Have a look at: http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=52&gallerypage=0&path=home%20made%20Backhoe%20Upper%20Stabilizer%20brackets
They are usually mounted on the outside of the cab but you need to be careful around the quick couplings, its really tight next to them! thats why these were put inside. It gives you an idea of what needs to be done.

perry

Yes, you really do need the brackets to connect to the loader! Some are as simple as a trailer ball and coupling. Simply lift the hoe and tilt back and lower it till they line up, lower rite down and lock in place.
Have a look at: http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=52&gallerypage=0&path=home%20made%20Backhoe%20Upper%20Stabilizer%20brackets
They are usually mounted on the outside of the cab but you need to be careful around the quick couplings, its really tight next to them! thats why these were put inside. It gives you an idea of what needs to be done.
Nice job Tazza..........

Tazza

Staff member
Nice job Tazza..........
They aren't pics of my setup, i kinda stole the link from the photo section *looks around nervously* but it does give you an idea of what is needed to mount it to the frame. The newer style excavator attachments use a different locking system though. The tow ball way works just fine for me.