Back-up Alarm on Bobcat S160

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JoRo

Got everything working except the back-up alarm. Hooked up alarm directly to battery and it works. All fuses and relays tested good. Lifted cab and checked switch contacts. When levers are moved backwards I can hear clicking so I'm assuming the circuit is being opened. I don't know what else to check. Does anyone have any ideas? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Wirenut2266

My S185 "had" an issue blowing fuses, etc, and here is what I have found. Make sure the fuse "alt" is not blown, but I will assume you have already done this. Make sure you have +12v to ground at switch's with machine running. Next, knowing fuse is good, alarm is wired and works as you stated: run a temporary single wire from battery + to the wire on the switch(s) that leads to the horn. If you do not know, one should be +12v from "alt" fuse, one wire jumps the two switch's together, one leads down the harness on side of machine. Touch them all one by one , no damage can be done. If you get horn, double check power to switch's, and/or switch's are shot. If you get nuthin yet, I would bet problem is in the harness. Sad but I think this is quit common. Look for a pinch point and I bet you will see what Im talking about. Good Luck, Bruce

OP
OP
J

JoRo

My S185 "had" an issue blowing fuses, etc, and here is what I have found. Make sure the fuse "alt" is not blown, but I will assume you have already done this. Make sure you have +12v to ground at switch's with machine running. Next, knowing fuse is good, alarm is wired and works as you stated: run a temporary single wire from battery + to the wire on the switch(s) that leads to the horn. If you do not know, one should be +12v from "alt" fuse, one wire jumps the two switch's together, one leads down the harness on side of machine. Touch them all one by one , no damage can be done. If you get horn, double check power to switch's, and/or switch's are shot. If you get nuthin yet, I would bet problem is in the harness. Sad but I think this is quit common. Look for a pinch point and I bet you will see what Im talking about. Good Luck, Bruce
Thanks very much for the info Bruce but this is all far too complicated for me. I'll just have to live without an alarm. Thanks again.

Latest posts