Back door 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

If your like me?, you have backed into trees more times that you can count. I sure would like to have a 'backup' alarm, even thought about pulling one from the auto salvage yard. It's probably integrated in some electronics panel and no way to make it work?. Anything out there I don't know about?.

Idoitall

Are you talking about a typical "beeping" backup alarm to alert others that you are moving back, or one of those radar type that alarms when you get close to something? Surely these are available aftermarket???
What about a backup camera. These are small, wireless and give a good view. I've seen one like this used for trailer connecting and they work pretty well. Seeing the LCD in bright sunlight might be an issue in a SS.
Spending more money will likely get you a better system like motorhomes use, but may not be worth it unless you work in really tight spots and just can't hit anything.
http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CM-10&Show=TechSpecs

skidsteer.ca

Are you talking about a typical "beeping" backup alarm to alert others that you are moving back, or one of those radar type that alarms when you get close to something? Surely these are available aftermarket???
What about a backup camera. These are small, wireless and give a good view. I've seen one like this used for trailer connecting and they work pretty well. Seeing the LCD in bright sunlight might be an issue in a SS.
Spending more money will likely get you a better system like motorhomes use, but may not be worth it unless you work in really tight spots and just can't hit anything.
http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CM%2D10&Show=TechSpecs
I was wanting to try a camera on out skidders and the long hood creates a huge blind spot, especially when cresting a hill, its way to easy to mount a stump or boulder you never noticed.
They have the backup cameras at wally world and Cdn tire etc fro 75 to 100 bux, worth a try, I've been thinking on my skids to, I have one 3 yr old boy totally addicted to bob rides and twin 1year olds on the way to total addiction. My shop is at my home. I am going to need eyes in the back of my head.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

I was wanting to try a camera on out skidders and the long hood creates a huge blind spot, especially when cresting a hill, its way to easy to mount a stump or boulder you never noticed.
They have the backup cameras at wally world and Cdn tire etc fro 75 to 100 bux, worth a try, I've been thinking on my skids to, I have one 3 yr old boy totally addicted to bob rides and twin 1year olds on the way to total addiction. My shop is at my home. I am going to need eyes in the back of my head.
Ken
I believe an alarm would be far better than a camera, I can only imagine how fragile to vibration and weather the camera would be.

skidsteer.ca

I believe an alarm would be far better than a camera, I can only imagine how fragile to vibration and weather the camera would be.
I don't know, they might not take it, but I think they would. Keeping the lense clean would be the big drawback imo. (and not scratching it) My father though that as well, when I wanted to mount 2 way radios in the skidders, we have lost one in 15 years. I guess it depends on how its made, but alot of that stuff is pretty tough.
Buy things like that with your Visa to get 2 times the warranty and 1 year acidendal damage. Just don't tell em it was on your skid. I look at it as a interest refund :)
Ken

Idoitall

I don't know, they might not take it, but I think they would. Keeping the lense clean would be the big drawback imo. (and not scratching it) My father though that as well, when I wanted to mount 2 way radios in the skidders, we have lost one in 15 years. I guess it depends on how its made, but alot of that stuff is pretty tough.
Buy things like that with your Visa to get 2 times the warranty and 1 year acidendal damage. Just don't tell em it was on your skid. I look at it as a interest refund :)
Ken
I was in COSTCO this afternoon and they have a small 3.5" Color LCD & wireless backup camera for $69.99. Of course the image in the store was very good. Didn't find them on their website.

OP
OP
P

perry

I was in COSTCO this afternoon and they have a small 3.5" Color LCD & wireless backup camera for $69.99. Of course the image in the store was very good. Didn't find them on their website.
I appreciate the suggestions but, I rather hear an alarm than taking my eye's off the work to look at a screen. On the other hand, It would probably be best if I payed closer attention to what I'm doing!.