Back Again---Case Drain Filters

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

Looking at what I'm sure are my case drain filter's on my S185. They look to be hard to get too. One on my right / throttle side has a short hose on top and seem's to be attached to a solid line on the bottom. The other one by just looking at is positioned from frt to back and is attached to a solid line also.
I just don't want to get in their and break a metal line or start a leak. Not much room to work in. Guess I need to go ahead and get a repair manual. What am I getting into?
dennis

bobcat1505

filters should be changed every 1000 hrs. list your s/n and i'll look up and see what your infor

bobcat1505

filters should be changed every 1000 hrs. list your s/n and i'll look up and see what your infor
all s/n are same way. left side screws onto fitting on hydraulic tank. so you have to drain tank or be quick and remove filter and cap with a #6 jic cap. right side screws onto same style fitting of hst motor. you can either by filter complete or just the bronze filter and orings they come in a kit. just remember keep it clean and cap it off

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

all s/n are same way. left side screws onto fitting on hydraulic tank. so you have to drain tank or be quick and remove filter and cap with a #6 jic cap. right side screws onto same style fitting of hst motor. you can either by filter complete or just the bronze filter and orings they come in a kit. just remember keep it clean and cap it off
ser # 525019211 guess I'll take a stab at it. thanks dennis

sterlclan

ser # 525019211 guess I'll take a stab at it. thanks dennis
A shop vac loosely sealed to the top of the hyd tank will hold fluid in for a while it will leak some and the vac hose will get oily but better than loosing a bunch....

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

A shop vac loosely sealed to the top of the hyd tank will hold fluid in for a while it will leak some and the vac hose will get oily but better than loosing a bunch....
I think I'm going to make it a 2 man job, one with a thumb over the line.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!