B20 biodiesel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishpoop

Anyone run b20 boidiesel. I just started running it in my S300 so far its all good. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any problem with it.

Tazza

Staff member
Never used it myself but all i have heard is that its cleaner and it does a good job at cleaning fuel lines etc. Keep an eye on your filters as it may dislodge some junk that may plug them up, this is not a bad thing though! just shows its doing a good job.

kelly_b

Let us know how it goes! I've been thinking about running it in my T200.
There's only one facility here that sells biodiesel so it's a rare commodity at the moment. The few people that have run it say that they have not noticed any differences in performance. But I would imagine that the fuel filter will get pretty gunked up.

OP
OP
F

Fishpoop

There's only one facility here that sells biodiesel so it's a rare commodity at the moment. The few people that have run it say that they have not noticed any differences in performance. But I would imagine that the fuel filter will get pretty gunked up.
60hrs so far and no problems

60hrs so far and no problems
Are you getting your biodiesel from a source that actually does quality control and certifies it, if not to ASTM D standards, at least to their own satisfaction that the potentially damaging byproducts have been completely removed? Apparently it is relatively easy to make biodiesel that will work in your engine, but somewhat more effort to make biodiesel that would compare to what is widely available commercially in Europe, for example, and would be healthy for your engine over the long run. There are no commercial sources in my part of the world, but I hope to start producing my own after I get several other projects out of the way - some months down the road. Mickey in B.C.

OP
OP
F

Fishpoop

Are you getting your biodiesel from a source that actually does quality control and certifies it, if not to ASTM D standards, at least to their own satisfaction that the potentially damaging byproducts have been completely removed? Apparently it is relatively easy to make biodiesel that will work in your engine, but somewhat more effort to make biodiesel that would compare to what is widely available commercially in Europe, for example, and would be healthy for your engine over the long run. There are no commercial sources in my part of the world, but I hope to start producing my own after I get several other projects out of the way - some months down the road. Mickey in B.C.
I use Blue Sun B20 I think it's pretty clean. Most of the local trash trucks and city trucks seem to use it. It's a popular place, most of the time I have to wait for the pump to be free. But it is Boulder.

BPS

I run bio in my truck. Aside from changing the fuel filters after the initial use, I have had no problems. My truck runs smoother and haven't noticed a difference in performance. You shouldn't have problems with commerical bio. However, if you use a home brew, or more importantly someone else's home brew, quality control is of the utmost importance. This site is the "bible" of biodiesel and will answer many of your questions: http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/