aux. hydraulics help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ddbackhoe

My new to me scattrack has aux. hydraulics but is only on/off. I want to use a grapple bucket and a mower, which means I have to add a control valve somewhere. What spool configuration would be best? I'm looking for suggestions on how and where. Electric would be nice, but pricey.

Tazza

Staff member
On and off is what you want, or are you talking that the on and off lock on?
Or are you talking that you want vairable flow rates? so you move the switch a little and a littlw fluid flows, you move it more and more flows?

SkidRoe

Are you sure that there is not a control valve somewhere in the circuit? Seems very unusual that there wouldn't be one. Could it be that there is a fault with a valve that is only allowing flow in one direction?

OP
OP
D

ddbackhoe

Are you sure that there is not a control valve somewhere in the circuit? Seems very unusual that there wouldn't be one. Could it be that there is a fault with a valve that is only allowing flow in one direction?
Sure, no. If there is one, they hid it very well. On the right stick there is an on/off but nothing else I can locate for control. For something like a hoe, on/off works well. For a grapple, not so much. I'll see if I can put some pictures up and maybe someone can see something I don't

OP
OP
D

ddbackhoe

Sure, no. If there is one, they hid it very well. On the right stick there is an on/off but nothing else I can locate for control. For something like a hoe, on/off works well. For a grapple, not so much. I'll see if I can put some pictures up and maybe someone can see something I don't
I couldn't reply to Tazza for some reason. Yes, on/off is ok for a hoe (has its own controls) or mower. How do you make a grapple open/close or an auger go fwd/reverse without a control valve somewhere?

SkidRoe

What model of machine do you have? Are you sure that there is not another control somewhere? On older Bobcats, the aux control was operated by moving the right stick transversely. Did you get an operator's manual with it?

SkidRoe

What model of machine do you have? Are you sure that there is not another control somewhere? On older Bobcats, the aux control was operated by moving the right stick transversely. Did you get an operator's manual with it?
Okay, I see from your other posts that it is a 2300D and you are looking for a manual. Google is not showing up with anything useful. Do you have a Volvo Equipment dealer nearby? Maybe they could be of assistance. Very impressive looking machine, by the way.

OP
OP
D

ddbackhoe

Okay, I see from your other posts that it is a 2300D and you are looking for a manual. Google is not showing up with anything useful. Do you have a Volvo Equipment dealer nearby? Maybe they could be of assistance. Very impressive looking machine, by the way.
I think I will be happy overall with it. Yes, 2300D, 86hp Perkins, 2450 lb. (1111 kg.), 22 gpm aux flow. The guy I got it from bought it a few years ago to move stuff around. He could never get it started in cold weather so he let it go to be rid of it. So, here we are. New to me toy and I'm anxious to figure it all out. The volvo guy said he could get me a parts manual but not a owners or service. I have to pull the engine serial number to get the family code for Perkins. Now, I have a skidsteer and grapple to go with my backhoe and the wife wants ~1.5 acres of trees to disappear. I gotta get a move on before she decides to hire it out :(

OP
OP
D

ddbackhoe

Thanks for the pointers. Got to open things up and pressure wash. The right stick had a broken/rusted locking pin in it. After a liberal application of aerokroil and some disassembly the right stick will move in two directions. I found the broken cable for the 3rd spool laying in the bottom of the pan.

SkidRoe

Thanks for the pointers. Got to open things up and pressure wash. The right stick had a broken/rusted locking pin in it. After a liberal application of aerokroil and some disassembly the right stick will move in two directions. I found the broken cable for the 3rd spool laying in the bottom of the pan.
Glad to hear you found it. Figured there had to be a control in there some where!! Cheers - SR