aux. hyd. connector

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Purchased a 5000 PSI gauge and need a hyd. connector that fits on the pressure side of the aux. hydraulics. What size, part # do I need?, I have an 853 with aux. hyd. on the front. A used one will be fine if anybody has one their willing to part with?. I know I'll need to reduce it down to 1/4 NPT. Thanks

skidsteer.ca

Well on the 853 I believe they could either had the old or new couplers.
If your coupler are the new flat faced style you will need a male 3/4" skidsteer coupler. @ $35 at you dealer, some hyd shop may carry these too. Made by "Faster"
If you have the early style then you can get away cheap with $15. These are refered to as "Pioneer" (or pioneer compatible) hydraulic couplers, the female will have a cavity in the center and the male will have a round steel ball in the center.
The new couplers are completely flat on the front side (to prevent contamination) and are larger for higher hyd flows.
I could upload pics if you like as soon a wife get home with camera.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

If your coupler are the new flat faced style you will need a male 3/4" skidsteer coupler. @ $35 at you dealer, some hyd shop may carry these too. Made by "Faster"
If you have the early style then you can get away cheap with $15. These are refered to as "Pioneer" (or pioneer compatible) hydraulic couplers, the female will have a cavity in the center and the male will have a round steel ball in the center.
The new couplers are completely flat on the front side (to prevent contamination) and are larger for higher hyd flows.
I could upload pics if you like as soon a wife get home with camera.
Ken
Thanks Ken, I'll pick one up at BC this friday....

Luthor

Thanks Ken, I'll pick one up at BC this friday....
Does anyone know the actual Faster P/No of the flat faced couplers? I want to change mine to the new type but don't want to pay approx. $90.00 ea from Bobcat, my Hydraulic shop can supply then if I get the correct P/No.

OP
OP
P

perry

Does anyone know the actual Faster P/No of the flat faced couplers? I want to change mine to the new type but don't want to pay approx. $90.00 ea from Bobcat, my Hydraulic shop can supply then if I get the correct P/No.
I gave the parts guy at BC my Model # and serial # and the dumb a$$ gave me the wrong one. I have the earlier ones..... I removed the hyd. couplings and took them to a local hyd. shop and got the exact same ones for about $12 each and had the loop hose made for about $15. When The BC mechanic came over and we were talking about what parts I would need, he said BC had recently doubled the price of parts and he was afraid it would run people off to other makes but, he did say BC was still the Cadillac of skidsteers.

skidsteer.ca

I gave the parts guy at BC my Model # and serial # and the dumb a$$ gave me the wrong one. I have the earlier ones..... I removed the hyd. couplings and took them to a local hyd. shop and got the exact same ones for about $12 each and had the loop hose made for about $15. When The BC mechanic came over and we were talking about what parts I would need, he said BC had recently doubled the price of parts and he was afraid it would run people off to other makes but, he did say BC was still the Cadillac of skidsteers.
Luthor
That a lot steep on the $$$ The BC dealer I go mine from were @ 70 for the pair. I can pass along their contact info if you like. For the flat faced bot the pioneer. Pioneers can be had at any hyd quite reasonable like $20 to 25 as pair
Ken

skidsteer.ca

Luthor
That a lot steep on the $$$ The BC dealer I go mine from were @ 70 for the pair. I can pass along their contact info if you like. For the flat faced bot the pioneer. Pioneers can be had at any hyd quite reasonable like $20 to 25 as pair
Ken
I'll check some I have for numbers to, They are just a 3/4" Faster brand coupler though. I'll let you know. I'd like to find a source aftermarket to.
Ken

skidsteer.ca

I'll check some I have for numbers to, They are just a 3/4" Faster brand coupler though. I'll let you know. I'd like to find a source aftermarket to.
Ken
Female 3/4" with orb #12 on the other end is bobcat #6672960
The coupler has the following stamped on it
Faster ...34SAE 05LV (on the orb end)
Faster 2FF112...F 05G Patent Pending (in the center of the coupler)
Made In Italy 06A (on the flat face end)

Male plug Bobcat #6674688
Faster 3FF112...M Patented-04N2 (in the center of the coulper)
Faster ...34SAE-04N (on the orb end)
Princess auto (in Canada, ) www.princessauto.com
Sells the male under # 1290086 this in not a Faster coupler but is compatible. It uses a 3/4 npt female thread instead of the ORB
The female is #1290085 with a 3/4 npt thread

skidsteer.ca

Female 3/4" with orb #12 on the other end is bobcat #6672960
The coupler has the following stamped on it
Faster ...34SAE 05LV (on the orb end)
Faster 2FF112...F 05G Patent Pending (in the center of the coupler)
Made In Italy 06A (on the flat face end)

Male plug Bobcat #6674688
Faster 3FF112...M Patented-04N2 (in the center of the coulper)
Faster ...34SAE-04N (on the orb end)
Princess auto (in Canada, ) www.princessauto.com
Sells the male under # 1290086 this in not a Faster coupler but is compatible. It uses a 3/4 npt female thread instead of the ORB
The female is #1290085 with a 3/4 npt thread
I did a little more digging and they are known as a "Faster 2FFI" coupler
Not 2FF1 as I posted earlier then the 12 that follows would be the thread, 12 ORB
If you search the 2ffi alot of different brands that cross or are compatible come up.
Now it just a matter of finding a vendor that can supply them at the right price.

Luthor

I did a little more digging and they are known as a "Faster 2FFI" coupler
Not 2FF1 as I posted earlier then the 12 that follows would be the thread, 12 ORB
If you search the 2ffi alot of different brands that cross or are compatible come up.
Now it just a matter of finding a vendor that can supply them at the right price.
Thanks for that information Skidsteer, you have put me on the right track now. I have found the Faster catalogue online and I have Identified the coupler that I need. The 12 stands for 1/2" body and the 34 stands for 3/4" tube fitting or 1" 1/16 thread. Actually for my 743 I need the 2FFI12-58SAE which has a 7/8" thread. The price that I posted earlier are Australian dollars thats why they are so high.

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for that information Skidsteer, you have put me on the right track now. I have found the Faster catalogue online and I have Identified the coupler that I need. The 12 stands for 1/2" body and the 34 stands for 3/4" tube fitting or 1" 1/16 thread. Actually for my 743 I need the 2FFI12-58SAE which has a 7/8" thread. The price that I posted earlier are Australian dollars thats why they are so high.
Now someone need to find a US vendor that works on a low markup and we'll be all set.
;)
Ken