Auger

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TimberBen

I picked up a bobcat 15 auger today. Used 1000$ with a new 8" gp bit. Worked out great. Let a friend of mine dig 40 post holes with no problems. I'm very happy with the speed at witch each hole got dug. I rented a bobcat 30 auger a couple weeks ago and it was slow going. I think the 15 will work just fine. The holes cleaned out nicely, no post hole digger needed. The soil was good for digging tho. One hole had to go about a foot from about a 16" pine tree. I was worried about that hole but the bit cut right through the roots no problem. Any info on maintenance would be appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Nice buy.
I think they don't need much to keep them going, i assume it runs planetary gears, but i don't know how they are lubricated.
I wish my holes drilled like that, the dirt i drilled through was all rocky, it took some work, but got there in the end.

OP
OP
TimberBen

TimberBen

Nice buy.
I think they don't need much to keep them going, i assume it runs planetary gears, but i don't know how they are lubricated.
I wish my holes drilled like that, the dirt i drilled through was all rocky, it took some work, but got there in the end.
Thanks for the reply tazza. I'm pretty sure the 15c is a direct drive. I have the parts breakdown, I haven't looked it over yet. When I figure out what maintenance it takes ill post. Hopefully my next batch of holes go that smooth.

SkidRoe

Thanks for the reply tazza. I'm pretty sure the 15c is a direct drive. I have the parts breakdown, I haven't looked it over yet. When I figure out what maintenance it takes ill post. Hopefully my next batch of holes go that smooth.
The 15 C has a planetary gear reduction. The planetary will likely run in it's own oil reservoir, as there is no case drain hose to prevent the planetary case from pressurizing. Your dealer should freely share this information. HTH.

OP
OP
TimberBen

TimberBen

The 15 C has a planetary gear reduction. The planetary will likely run in it's own oil reservoir, as there is no case drain hose to prevent the planetary case from pressurizing. Your dealer should freely share this information. HTH.
We did 20 more post holes today. Had to have the city h2o guy come mark the line. A few holes were within 3 feet of it, better safe than sorry. I'm looking at my parts diagram for the 15c, h, 30c, h. They are direct drive units.