Attacment mounting plate

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Oversized2

Some where in my web travels I came across spec. for building Bobtach mounting plates. Can anybody help me find them?

StuZ

Bobcat sells the plate for around $ 125.00 Part # 6731114. This is a bare mounting plate

500K_773

Bobcat sells the plate for around $ 125.00 Part # 6731114. This is a bare mounting plate
I showed my dealership the root bucket I made and the salesman said I should have bought their mounting plate. Too bad they wanted $150 for the bare plate. I made my own out of some 3" angle iron and 1-1/2" flat bar, probably about $20 of material. I am going to contact my local metal fab shop to see about making some for me on their shear and brake out of 3/8" plate. Hope to get about a dozen mounting plates for less than $300. Seems like if you only have one item made at a shop it is too expensive, but if you have a quantity made the price come way down per unit because they just set up the equipment once.

Smokin_Joe

I have a 453 with the single handle bob tach, the pins slide horizontally, and I am looking for the utility plate part # for my machine. 6731114 is for the newer style and is way wider than mine. The local bobcat dealers are having difficulty in believing they ever existed. I know they do because I bought one years ago. I think I will have to do what 500K_773 did and have them made up. Any suggestions on finding the spec sheets would also make it easier because the pdf link doesn't work anymore

Tazza

Staff member
I have a 453 with the single handle bob tach, the pins slide horizontally, and I am looking for the utility plate part # for my machine. 6731114 is for the newer style and is way wider than mine. The local bobcat dealers are having difficulty in believing they ever existed. I know they do because I bought one years ago. I think I will have to do what 500K_773 did and have them made up. Any suggestions on finding the spec sheets would also make it easier because the pdf link doesn't work anymore
Depending on the gear you have access to, i'd make one by copying the one you have mounted to your bucket.

SkidRoe

Exactly what I was thinking.
Hey Smokin' Joe, Tazza is right, building one is about your only recourse. I have hunted high and low for these, and I can't even find the specifications for this type. I have built about 5 of these now. They are a bit if of a pain in the butt compared to the standard style, but still pretty straight forward. If you have a welder and some capacity to cut metal, you should do just fine.

Smokin_Joe

Hey Smokin' Joe, Tazza is right, building one is about your only recourse. I have hunted high and low for these, and I can't even find the specifications for this type. I have built about 5 of these now. They are a bit if of a pain in the butt compared to the standard style, but still pretty straight forward. If you have a welder and some capacity to cut metal, you should do just fine.
It is all good. Got a C Class welder working with me on weekends. He takes the welding projects with him to work and he has made the plate easy. Looks and works great. Made a tray for the slip tank, with pockets for the pallet forks. He is just fabulous, all around Great guy!