ASV MD70 loader arms

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mountaingoat

Hello All, I have a '95 ASV MD70 with broken loader arms. Well to be specific, the cylindrical tube that connects the two arms together tore off one of the arms. The tear is along all the welds leaving the gusset plates attached to the arm not the tube. Price tag: $2700 for loader arm assembly. I am considering finding a welder to do a repair however, the arms see allot of torque and I am not sure if the welds will just fail again since I would not be tempering the arms again.... I assume that they are tempered. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
Find a good welder, get them to use low hydrogen welds, not just a MIG welder. I repaired my arms that when i got the machine were in two pieces. 5 years later, they are still on ONE piece. I used celulous rods, they are high penetration and have not cracked.
I'm not a professional welder, if i can do a job like that, a good welder can do even better :) i'd at least give it a go.
Goos luck!

OP
OP
M

mountaingoat

Find a good welder, get them to use low hydrogen welds, not just a MIG welder. I repaired my arms that when i got the machine were in two pieces. 5 years later, they are still on ONE piece. I used celulous rods, they are high penetration and have not cracked.
I'm not a professional welder, if i can do a job like that, a good welder can do even better :) i'd at least give it a go.
Goos luck!
Hi, Thanks! It is good to hear a bit of optimism. Now to find the Welder...

Latest posts