ASV MD70 Hydraulic issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jxcattle

The right track is not working on my MD70. Drive motor is working properly, hooked up the hoses from the left side to the right drive motor and it worked like a charm. Don't know if the pump is bad or what but the right side is not getting any fluid or pulling at all. My mechanic and I are basically at the end of what we know to try. Can the pump be rebuilt, or does anyone have any idea where I might find a used one. Looking at parts online, the pump looks crazy expensive. Or, can I take part of the pump out and not the whole thing? This is a farm use machine, and I love it when it's running. Appreciate any help/answers you can give, at the end of my rope.

roblarss

I just did a rebuild on mine after the charge pump failed. I also rebuilt both of the drive pump sections. The pump will come out as one unit and then it can be taken apart into the different pump sections fairly easily. My drive pumps had wear marks on the valve plates. Now I have a huge difference in pushing power. I got the manuals from the danfoss site. http://files.danfoss.com/documents/11077090.pdf or search for danfoss m91 manual in google for their other manuals Full gasket set was about $200 valve plates about $150 each. Cant hurt to take apart and look. I found it fairly easy and I have never tried to repair any type of hydraulic pump. Could be something as simple as linkages to the swash plate is apart. Some parts can be removed to check while the unit is still installed. I bought parts directly from our local danfoss dealer.

nunolambuca

I just did a rebuild on mine after the charge pump failed. I also rebuilt both of the drive pump sections. The pump will come out as one unit and then it can be taken apart into the different pump sections fairly easily. My drive pumps had wear marks on the valve plates. Now I have a huge difference in pushing power. I got the manuals from the danfoss site. http://files.danfoss.com/documents/11077090.pdf or search for danfoss m91 manual in google for their other manuals Full gasket set was about $200 valve plates about $150 each. Cant hurt to take apart and look. I found it fairly easy and I have never tried to repair any type of hydraulic pump. Could be something as simple as linkages to the swash plate is apart. Some parts can be removed to check while the unit is still installed. I bought parts directly from our local danfoss dealer.
Where to get parts for the drive pumps? Trying to do the same. It seems not pulling strong and if in a slope down, no power to pull it up.
Thanks

roblarss

I got my parts from a local Danfoss dealer. They must be fairly common as they were instock. Mine was similar i had no drive power unless i eased into it and the engine never would bog down. I have since resurfaced the valve plates one again (last year) since I was starting to have issues.