ASV Battery

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mikoli007

Hope this helps someone! I have a 2006 ASV RC100. The starter went bad, the battery went dead and the boom was down stuck in the woods with no way to get it out or lift the boom, it was also raining and there were snakes around. On these machines you can not lift the boom with a dead battery and you cannot get the battery out with a lowered boom. So here's what you do. Remove the two hinge bolts on the back of the cab, this will allow you to disconnect the battery to fix the starter. If you need to remove the battery, disconnect the safety strap and the wire connector strap, this will allow you to push back the cab far enough to raise it up. You can then replace the hinge bolts to finish. Good luck!

qodeshhomestead

Hope this helps someone! I have a 2006 ASV RC100. The starter went bad, the battery went dead and the boom was down stuck in the woods with no way to get it out or lift the boom, it was also raining and there were snakes around. On these machines you can not lift the boom with a dead battery and you cannot get the battery out with a lowered boom. So here's what you do. Remove the two hinge bolts on the back of the cab, this will allow you to disconnect the battery to fix the starter. If you need to remove the battery, disconnect the safety strap and the wire connector strap, this will allow you to push back the cab far enough to raise it up. You can then replace the hinge bolts to finish. Good luck!
Can you explain or show a photo of the "two hinge bolts on the back of the cab"? I am a novice on these... and mine is in my very low clearance barn with a dead battery. I was hoping to jump it via the starter but can not even locate that. I have read the manual and searched a lot and I am coming up as dead as the battery. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Tazza

Staff member
It's hard to believe they will make a machine that you can't change a flat battery, or makes it so difficult to do so....

Slick Rick

Remove the cab hinge bolts and cab bolts. The shocks will help lift the cab enough to get to the battery to change it. Disconnect the wiring as needed.