anyone used a straight blade on a skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1840Taylor

I have been thinking about building a straight blade for my 1840 Case ssl. I know its small but I do alot of work with it and alot of it is back filling ditches and dressing up around compost windrows as well as dressing up the end of the rubble dump on a gully im filling. and alittle work inside a chicken barn. I usually use a box blade on my 35 hp tractor for these. I like using the bucket but alot oftimes when doing the final back filling I dont have enough dirt to fill my bucket to ro into the trenches and raising and dumping a half load then redressing can be a pain. This blade will only be a straight for now but I have on off a trencher thats a 6 way. I know its not gonna be a d3 dozer by any means or a great finish machine. I just need something that can scoot 1/2 inch of soil around. I have used a small factory ront mount blade on my 48 Farmall cub with only 10 hp. I really would appreciate any advice or experiences with blade use. Take care TL.

skidsteer.ca

I have never used one, but given the short wheelbase of skidsteer loaders, at the vary least, it should have some plow shoes, adjustable for height on the back side to reduce dipping and diving.
The comercial unit we sell also has a pin on wheel kit out in front option, to convert to a grader, which I believe would make the blade much easier to control.
Ken

OP
OP

1840Taylor

I have never used one, but given the short wheelbase of skidsteer loaders, at the vary least, it should have some plow shoes, adjustable for height on the back side to reduce dipping and diving.
The comercial unit we sell also has a pin on wheel kit out in front option, to convert to a grader, which I believe would make the blade much easier to control.
Ken
Thanks for the advice the blade is an old ford tractor dozer blade for farm earth work. I got it off a scrap truck. It has a place for shoes on it. I forgotto add that. Ive run a wheel dozer a bit and they help alot. the 6 way blade i have is off a vemeer trencher and it has a built in skid shoe thats set for light plaining when back filling. It works real smooth on a small trencher. I have a small Melroe grader attachment as soon as I get my joy stick ends in to mount them to my handles.