Anyone have the measurements for the Bobtach setup?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BobMelroe

I got to looking at my bucket and it looks like a Bobtach bucket that has been welded to my machine. I don't have a Bobtach, but could make one if I knew the dimensions. It's on old M600. I posted a pic below for the measurements I need, If you like to volunteer any additional that would be great. The top angle looks to be 45 degrees from the other pictures I have seen. Bottom maybe 30? As always, any help is appreciated.

Bob-Tach.jpg

OP
OP
B

BobMelroe

The standard for the quick attachment is SAE J2513 and I uploaded a copy here.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8k5jfborkb219rm
I hope it helps.
That should just about cover it. Thanks!! :) I'll see if the measurements are the same on the bucket. I just noticed someone welded pieces of angle together to form a square tube shape, and one has a solid square pin in it that goes down to the hole in the bucket mount. Almost looks like someone tried to make it a quick attach......kinda. Probably said "screw it" and just welded the bucket on. Lucky me
emotion-7.gif

OldMachinist

That should just about cover it. Thanks!! :) I'll see if the measurements are the same on the bucket. I just noticed someone welded pieces of angle together to form a square tube shape, and one has a solid square pin in it that goes down to the hole in the bucket mount. Almost looks like someone tried to make it a quick attach......kinda. Probably said "screw it" and just welded the bucket on. Lucky me
One more thing to be aware of is that it wasn't until 1994 that the manufacturers started pretty much all building their quick attachments to the standard. And there are still exceptions to that with some narrower machines like my 453 where the locking pins go out thru the sides instead of going downward and Case had some models with oddball attachment designs.

OP
OP
B

BobMelroe

One more thing to be aware of is that it wasn't until 1994 that the manufacturers started pretty much all building their quick attachments to the standard. And there are still exceptions to that with some narrower machines like my 453 where the locking pins go out thru the sides instead of going downward and Case had some models with oddball attachment designs.
I assume the bucket I have is a standard bucket. But I guess before I modify anything then, I might take a trip to the rental center to take some measurements from some of the attachments they have. Most of the attachments I might use are used once in a great while and don't really warrant purchasing. I can make what I will use frequently, but if I DO need to rent something I better make sure it's going to fit first. Have to check couplers too. Thanks once again for the insight, it's very much appreciated.

skidsteer.ca

I assume the bucket I have is a standard bucket. But I guess before I modify anything then, I might take a trip to the rental center to take some measurements from some of the attachments they have. Most of the attachments I might use are used once in a great while and don't really warrant purchasing. I can make what I will use frequently, but if I DO need to rent something I better make sure it's going to fit first. Have to check couplers too. Thanks once again for the insight, it's very much appreciated.
If it matches the diagram as close as your tape measure can tell you are likely ok. Sometime the c and d measurement varies. you will notice bobcat attachment only have square hole at the bottom for the pins to lock into where most of the aftermarket brand attachments have a retangular hole that is wider to allow some side to side variance of the the lock pin locations.
Some bobcat attachments also have a narrower hole spacing to fit the 453 463 class of mini bobcats.
Also my new holland bucket uses a top lip that is 1.5 inches wide and that won't work on the Bobcat because the locking handles are only 1 inch behind the top forward most part of the bobtach. It could easily be trimmed to make it work. Just a note, you will like find some minor variances (especialy with the OEM loader attachments) that may prevent attachment interchanges without some minor modification. Seems they just can't help themselves.
Ken

coreya3212

If it matches the diagram as close as your tape measure can tell you are likely ok. Sometime the c and d measurement varies. you will notice bobcat attachment only have square hole at the bottom for the pins to lock into where most of the aftermarket brand attachments have a retangular hole that is wider to allow some side to side variance of the the lock pin locations.
Some bobcat attachments also have a narrower hole spacing to fit the 453 463 class of mini bobcats.
Also my new holland bucket uses a top lip that is 1.5 inches wide and that won't work on the Bobcat because the locking handles are only 1 inch behind the top forward most part of the bobtach. It could easily be trimmed to make it work. Just a note, you will like find some minor variances (especialy with the OEM loader attachments) that may prevent attachment interchanges without some minor modification. Seems they just can't help themselves.
Ken
My 825 seems to be to the spec size. c and d measures about 30 I think, but my neighbors case 1840 measures 22 or 24 inch I believe. Also his A measurement is about 6-8 inches shorter, so if the attachment plate has side rails, made to fit his case, we cant interchange attachments. The holes for c and d are pretty easy to blast in when required, but if those side rails are in the way....that is a pain in arse. Just a FYI on the 1840 for anyone reading...

OldMachinist

My 825 seems to be to the spec size. c and d measures about 30 I think, but my neighbors case 1840 measures 22 or 24 inch I believe. Also his A measurement is about 6-8 inches shorter, so if the attachment plate has side rails, made to fit his case, we cant interchange attachments. The holes for c and d are pretty easy to blast in when required, but if those side rails are in the way....that is a pain in arse. Just a FYI on the 1840 for anyone reading...
I think the Case models that had the narrow mounting were the 1838, 1840 and the early 1845's.

OP
OP
B

BobMelroe

I think the Case models that had the narrow mounting were the 1838, 1840 and the early 1845's.
Mine measures really close to the specs. Probably close enough. I did see there are 2 sets of holes in the bottom for the locking pins though, both are rectangular maybe 1x2ish, hard to tell if they were torched out by the p/o. I think I'll go ahead and cut the bucket off the mount anyway, the welds look like they were done by a blind 3y/o. I'll be able to take better measurements then. I'll still go measure other attachments though, just to verify whether or not it is a quick attach bucket. It might be awhile, I need to get other things put back together yet before I misplace all the pieces, but I'll post back and let everyone know what I came up with. Not that it's real interesting or anything......

dkmc

The standard for the quick attachment is SAE J2513 and I uploaded a copy here.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8k5jfborkb219rm
I hope it helps.
Digging up an old thread.....
Oldmachinist, I would like to see the measurements in the link you posted. But the page is private and needs a password. Can you post another link that works?
Thanks!