Any other Marshall tree saw owners?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ag-T250

I bought a 12" Marshall tree saw last December that I use on my T-250 and have put close to 120 hours on it clearing hardwoods, autumn olive , a few junipers on overgrown fence rows and also for out right reclaiming larger tracts of ground that we pastured 30 years ago. I really don't have any complaints about it yet , but then no real performance accolades either based on what it sells for. Curious if anyone else owns one and how it has held up and any experiences to pass on. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Good to hear you are happy with it. What needs maintaining on it? i assume the blades will need sharpening from time to time.

OP
OP
A

ag-T250

Good to hear you are happy with it. What needs maintaining on it? i assume the blades will need sharpening from time to time.
Actually, very low maintenance. Only has 3 zerk fittings to grease and it utilizes used motor oil for chain lubrication. Blade is 3/8 thick and does its' work by slow brute force cutting rather than by speed. Blade is intended for below grade cuts so sharpening really isn't needed, either. Fuel consumption seems to be on the high side while using it. I attribute that to having to keep some forward and sideways pressure on the machine while using the saw as it tends to push the Bobcat sideways as the blade rotates into the tree. I believe it needs longer dogs to hold the saw in place better as the blade rotates by pulling the saw blade into the kerf better on below grade cuts.

Tazza

Staff member
Actually, very low maintenance. Only has 3 zerk fittings to grease and it utilizes used motor oil for chain lubrication. Blade is 3/8 thick and does its' work by slow brute force cutting rather than by speed. Blade is intended for below grade cuts so sharpening really isn't needed, either. Fuel consumption seems to be on the high side while using it. I attribute that to having to keep some forward and sideways pressure on the machine while using the saw as it tends to push the Bobcat sideways as the blade rotates into the tree. I believe it needs longer dogs to hold the saw in place better as the blade rotates by pulling the saw blade into the kerf better on below grade cuts.
I can understand the extra fuel consumption with operating anything like that, you need extra HP to run the attachment and also as you pointed out, the extra force needed to push into the stuff you are cutting up.
Good move on their part with moving slower with lots of torque, helps keep the teeth sharper longer