Another newbie to the site and skid steer world!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rkf63k10

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and the skid steer world. I've worked in the telecommunications industry for 24 years, nine of those years in construction. So I've operated backhoes, ditchers, bore machines and cable plows. Wife and I moved to a new town this past June and I'm just now trying to start my own dirt work business. I just want to do general dirt work, cleanup, leveling, removing and hauling off debris and such. I have the truck and am planning on purchasing a good dump trailer. Really looking hard at a Cat 236D for my first skid steer. Also going to get all the attachments that I might need. Problem is I don't know where to start. I will probably finance the skid steer. I've done research on how to start up a small business, but it just got me more confused! I love to do dirt work. Grew up on the farm. Hope to learn a lot on this site!

SkidRoe

Welcome to the forum!! Your business venture sounds exciting. I have been doing something similar over the past few years. I find that the attachment that sees the most action is my auger. Seems to always be a fence that needs posts or a deck that needs footings. I also have a bobcat backhoe that fits well with the operation. When you hit something big with the auger, you dig it out with the backhoe! A bucket with teeth is a must for excavating, and a grapple bucket makes cleaning up brush a snap. Like the song goes, these are a few of my favourite things! Good luck!! - SR