An Evil Gremlin has Seized Control of my S650

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scotiadallas

Hi All, been lurking for a while but never had a reason to post so here goes.

My unit is a 2014 S650 (3700 HRS) which I use primarily to blow our our 4KM driveway in the Northern Interior of beautiful British Columbia. Except for contributing to my hearing loss, blowing out the road is my top 5 chores, especially at night.

I am investigating problems.

SYMPTOMS

I'm zipping along while using the blower and suddenly the warnings flash and the SS abruptly stops, displays the errors and the PRESS TO OPERATE button goes black. I can usually wait a few minutes, press the PRESS TO OPERATE button again and things resume until it happens again, which is anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes.

ERROR CODES

W3276 CAN Joystick Information Error
H4016 Right CAN Joystick Base No Communication
H3916 Left CAN Joystick Base No Communication

I've read around this problem on the forum but can't seem to find anything specific.

My potential next steps:

1. Run the calibration exercise in the service manual.
2. Book it in for service at the dealership.

Am I missing anything worthwhile?
Has anyone experienced something with these error codes?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

ScotiaDallas

Last edited:

brdgbldr

My only suggestion is to check your wiring and fuses. Make sure there are no shorts or loose connections. Also, just as a precaution before taking it in, clean both battery terminals and check and clean all grounding points.

OP
OP
scotiadallas

scotiadallas

My only suggestion is to check your wiring and fuses. Make sure there are no shorts or loose connections. Also, just as a precaution before taking it in, clean both battery terminals and check and clean all grounding points.
Thank you for your suggestions. Will do this today.

koko

I'm with the above about cleaning. Also unplug any connectors, clean and then lubricate with dielectric grease all connections & grounds. This will prevent further corrosion & faults.

OP
OP
scotiadallas

scotiadallas

I'm with the above about cleaning. Also unplug any connectors, clean and then lubricate with dielectric grease all connections & grounds. This will prevent further corrosion & faults.
Thank you for your suggestion. I've been told that these machines are super sensitive electrically. ☹️