All 8 PUSH ROD BENT!!!!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

raffyo

hello, i was not able to start my bobcat fpr a few days and still cant i changed fuel pumo solenoids furl lines and found out that all of my push rods were bent like S's why did this happen i read its possible that it was the timming belt but what would cause the timming belt to jump i was plowing snow and the next day it wouldnt start what can i do to prevent that happening again thank you

Tazza

Staff member
As i stated in your earlier posts it is most likely the timing belt. There was another user that had this happen to them. Changed the push rods and belt, worked great! no permanent damage.
The timing belt MUST be changed every 1000-1500 hours, i'm not sure of which but it must be done or this can happen. Re-set your timing to TDC, replace the belt and install new push rods. ensure you turn the engine over at least 2 revolutions by hand to ensure the timing is in fact correct. You don't need it to be off a few cogs and bend another 8 rods!
Its just one of the joys of engines that run timing belts instead of gears or chains.....
Good luck!

Fishfiles

As i stated in your earlier posts it is most likely the timing belt. There was another user that had this happen to them. Changed the push rods and belt, worked great! no permanent damage.
The timing belt MUST be changed every 1000-1500 hours, i'm not sure of which but it must be done or this can happen. Re-set your timing to TDC, replace the belt and install new push rods. ensure you turn the engine over at least 2 revolutions by hand to ensure the timing is in fact correct. You don't need it to be off a few cogs and bend another 8 rods!
Its just one of the joys of engines that run timing belts instead of gears or chains.....
Good luck!
It may be as simple as one rod got out of adjustment and fell out of the rocker arm and the others followed suit after you continued to try and start the engine , seems strange that 8 are bent and it ran last time until you killed it