Aftermarket Tracks for S175

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Phil2

Any thoughts on buying a used set of aftermarket tracks to fit over the rubber wheels(tires) of a S175? thanks for your replies!

7LBSSMALLIE

keep in mind used tracks are like cheap toliets/ or cheap tires, check wear in bushings. 1/16 weaer times 35 =? may be good deal but more often than not no check condition may be a sweet deal but more often than not pins and bushings worn out, can be recontioned, but parts and labor may exceed cost of new. tracks good for one thing sloppy stuff they will get job done but with the advent of rubber track units they gone by the bwayside. nice to have if conditions warrent. but they are a pain..

Bobcatdan

keep in mind used tracks are like cheap toliets/ or cheap tires, check wear in bushings. 1/16 weaer times 35 =? may be good deal but more often than not no check condition may be a sweet deal but more often than not pins and bushings worn out, can be recontioned, but parts and labor may exceed cost of new. tracks good for one thing sloppy stuff they will get job done but with the advent of rubber track units they gone by the bwayside. nice to have if conditions warrent. but they are a pain..
I would agree about buying used tracks. Watch the wear closly on the pins and bushings. Most track pins can go pass the 1/2 point before being junk. If you are looking for tracks you are only going to use 2 weeks a year, a used set can be a good option. Now if you are going to put serious hours on tracks, you will be a head buying new. Take them off when you don't need them and they will a long time. Once you get use to them, you and buddy can take them on and off pretty quick. I think there is still a place for steel tracks. A lot of guys buy track machines and don't really need them other then for one or two jobs a year. There is a lot of added expense in a deacated track machine. Also in the snowbelt, track machines are pretyy helpless plowing.

OP
OP
P

Phil2

I would agree about buying used tracks. Watch the wear closly on the pins and bushings. Most track pins can go pass the 1/2 point before being junk. If you are looking for tracks you are only going to use 2 weeks a year, a used set can be a good option. Now if you are going to put serious hours on tracks, you will be a head buying new. Take them off when you don't need them and they will a long time. Once you get use to them, you and buddy can take them on and off pretty quick. I think there is still a place for steel tracks. A lot of guys buy track machines and don't really need them other then for one or two jobs a year. There is a lot of added expense in a deacated track machine. Also in the snowbelt, track machines are pretyy helpless plowing.
How long does it take to put tracks on and to remove? thanks