aftermarket temp. gauge

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

redfish1

I have a new aftermarket temp. gauge that I was going to put in an old bronco and was wondering if it would work in my 1998 751 with a Kubota motor. My factory one is not working

mmsllc

It would really depend on the commonality between the two parts. Basically, you would need to know the cold, warm & hot resistance readings of both sensors before making any other assumptions. You can probably just install it & watch out for goofy readings while operating the machine. I'd check the engine temps (using an infra-red temp laser / gun) after a about 5 minutes of running & after about 20 minutes, then compare the gauge to the laser gun readings. It may not be 'dead-on' accurate, but it should give you some level of indication as opposed to having no idea at all.

OP
OP
R

redfish1

It would really depend on the commonality between the two parts. Basically, you would need to know the cold, warm & hot resistance readings of both sensors before making any other assumptions. You can probably just install it & watch out for goofy readings while operating the machine. I'd check the engine temps (using an infra-red temp laser / gun) after a about 5 minutes of running & after about 20 minutes, then compare the gauge to the laser gun readings. It may not be 'dead-on' accurate, but it should give you some level of indication as opposed to having no idea at all.
Thanks, I will give that I try.

mmsllc

Thanks, I will give that I try.
COOL!! Try it out. I figure ANY indication (at all) is better than NOTHING at all. Just take it easy until you know if you can trust the gauge readings & also so you don't overdo it. Be sure to keep an eye on your coolant level. Just as a precaution.

Latest posts